Terminal Placement list

Terminal Placement list 10/26/2022

No permission to download
Interesting to see where our facilities fell on the list(my MDT was 98 for example). They told my friend who started terminal basics last week (1 other class in front of them) to expect anywhere from 1-250 because another prior experience wave is coming through lol.

Last edited:
If anyone knows where I can find this info they can refer me to it but I’m not having any luck. Trying to figure out if another way of prior experience folks are going to be taking up the top 50 level 4-7s on this list like they did a couple weeks ago. What’s the process for placing prior experience candidates?

If anyone knows where I can find this info they can refer me to it but I’m not having any luck. Trying to figure out if another way of prior experience folks are going to be taking up the top 50 level 4-7s on this list like they did a couple weeks ago. What’s the process for placing prior experience candidates?

I wouldn't count on it any time soonish, the FAA is close to their hiring targets this year and hopefully reach it with this OTS bid.

The process for placing them though is HR voodoo. Unless MJ knows something else, they receive a fairly generous list of facilities that they are deemed eligible to work dependent on the experience they claim, it is similar in the idea that the facility needs people but for the most part it's all wish wash and here is your list.

Hey the terminal placement list is only showing levels 4-7 only, is there a complete version? Was trying to see where the 8's (U90, A11, Y90) fell in at on the list.

I am a previous experience hire currently waiting a list, should I get my hopes up looking at this list or how should I view this list?

I am a previous experience hire currently waiting a list, should I get my hopes up looking at this list or how should I view this list?

First sort by "Status" and remove every row that has text there. You won't get those because someone else just did, or because they're backlogged.

Then sort by level and remove everything 10+ or maybe even 9+. You likely won't get those, though I suppose it's not impossible. S56 (a 10) is listed as being filled by a previous-experience hire this past round, and NCT (a 12) was offered to one. I'm really talking out of my ass anyway.

Then go back to sorting by slot #, take the first 50-75 facilities, and make a rough guess based on comparing facility type and level to your ratings.

Then throw out all that work because it's the FAA and who the heck knows what you'll end up getting offered.

First sort by "Status" and remove every row that has text there. You won't get those because someone else just did, or because they're backlogged.

Then sort by level and remove everything 10+ or maybe even 9+. You likely won't get those, though I suppose it's not impossible. S56 (a 10) is listed as being filled by a previous-experience hire this past round, and NCT (a 12) was offered to one. I'm really talking out of my ass anyway.

Then go back to sorting by slot #, take the first 50-75 facilities, and make a rough guess based on comparing facility type and level to your ratings.

Then throw out all that work because it's the FAA and who the heck knows what you'll end up getting offered.
Thank you. That’s about what I did but did mostly level 7 and down. I didn’t know if I was reading the list correctly

You could be offered an array of options. Lord only knows what’ll be available when you get your list.

Things change almost daily, so trying to logically figure what you could be offered is a waste of time. Once you receive your options, post them and ask for feedback on individual facilities.

Has anyone ever reached out to say that they were interested in a specific facility or region that needs a lot of controllers? What was the result? Or is this madness!?

Has anyone ever reached out to say that they were interested in a specific facility or region that needs a lot of controllers? What was the result? Or is this madness!?

They don't care.

Edit: I should add what are you applying under? You can actually apply to go to an OCONUS facility and they'll usually take you. Alaska, GUAM and Puerto Rico. Hawaii is technically possible but basically never given.

They don't care.

Edit: I should add what are you applying under? You can actually apply to go to an OCONUS facility and they'll usually take you. Alaska, GUAM and Puerto Rico. Hawaii is technically possible but basically never given.

thought that Alaska was just part of the normal rotation for getting new hires now? And Hawaii might technically be possible but Hilo and OGG aren’t short of people trying to get there so that’s probably never gonna happen.

thought that Alaska was just part of the normal rotation for getting new hires now? And Hawaii might technically be possible but Hilo and OGG aren’t short of people trying to get there so that’s probably never gonna happen.
I think Hilo and OGG were both on the list that came out today

Oh yeah I forgot.

Back
Top Bottom