The upcoming stacked leave apocalypse

Speaking of stacked leave: At the end of pay period 26 I will have exactly 240 hours of annual leave. This pay period ends on 12/19. So will I have a use or lose balance of 6 hours (earning 6 hours per pay period) for leave earned between 12/20/20 - 1/2/2021? Also, for next year will I just have to use any leave earned over 240 by the end of the year?

Speaking of stacked leave: At the end of pay period 26 I will have exactly 240 hours of annual leave. This pay period ends on 12/19. So will I have a use or lose balance of 6 hours (earning 6 hours per pay period) for leave earned between 12/20/20 - 1/2/2021? Also, for next year will I just have to use any leave earned over 240 by the end of the year?
Yes and yes

I hadn't heard anything about this from NATCA or elsewhere, but apparently the defense bill included language that temporarily expanded the max carryover from 240 to 300 hours for this year only as a result of the pandemic.

I hadn't heard anything about this from NATCA or elsewhere, but apparently the defense bill included language that temporarily expanded the max carryover from 240 to 300 hours for this year only as a result of the pandemic.

This is hilarious cus a bunch of ppl donated leave a week or two ago

From what been said in NATCA telecons was the NDAA leaves it up to the Agency to determine if they will allow the carryover. The DOT and FAA have indicated they will opt out of allowing the carryover.

This is hilarious cus a bunch of ppl donated leave a week or two ago
Yes. And even so, I’d still donate what I did. I got a hell of a lot of admin leave, so I have no regrets. Hopefully my leave helped make someone’s life easier and maybe made up for some of the time I am an asshole. Let’s be honest, I couldn’t donate enough leave to make up for all of it.
From what been said in NATCA telecons was the NDAA leaves it up to the Agency to determine if they will allow the carryover. The DOT and FAA have indicated they will opt out of allowing the carryover.
Pretty much my understanding. It’s hard to say we didn’t have an opportunity to take leave on the admin time, but you never know how things will shake out.

Back
Top Bottom