The woeful unpreparedness of Management

Honestly I feel like the current path we are on is the longest to recovery. Some are listening some aren't so it's more like a trickle effect. Ppl are still getting sick but at a slower rate but we really aren't stopping anything.

Either let it be a free for all and let it spike and come back down fast (most loss of life) or lock everyone in for 21 to 28 days and let it die out.

Pick one, because this halfway / middle shit ain't working.

My county declared we were "past containment, into mitigation" just a couple days before we went to "shelter-in-place" orders. I struggled to understand why we would try to contain this virus by sheltering in place when we already declared we were past containment.

IMO the same number of people will die from this virus no matter what we do, because I think we're pretty much all going to get it- BUT more people will die because of our inability to treat everyone at once if we do nothing and let the virus peak quickly.

I don't get how people boot lick so hard to say this isn't a political issue, but I'm sure handling the virus the way people with knowledge on it said would've been better than calling it a hoax

I agree in general, but as a point of clarification: Did President Trump Refer to the Coronavirus as a 'Hoax'?

We should have a competition of dumbest practices even though we've implemented the "three team / 5 on 10 off" concept.

My contribution is I work at an up/down with a drop tube (I would kill to install EFSTS). Today, day one of this new schedule I found out that whatever portion of the building that you are assigned to on your first day of the week (twr/tracon) is where you'll work for the entirety of said week to stop cross contamination.

The best part is we all come in and out the same door. Use the same computer to sign in and out / do our mandatory WX brief and check CEDAR.

Best part is the plastic flight strip holders that get rotated through the building twice if not three times in the same 8 hours of a shift.

So don't give me that cross contamination bullshit. The good ol boys assigned all 3 of themselves down in a 1200sqft+ room and tossed 4 of us pee on's in the 300sqft twr.

#EFSTSisHARDbcCHANGEisBADandIdontUNDERSTAND #expendable #goodolboy

EFSTS is like kryptonite to the old entitled Alpha Dog boomers of the facility! They cant possibly be expected to wave a little piece of paper over a scanner, that's not how it was back in 84' boy! And if you change it theyll torment and motherfuck you mercilessly until you want to kill yourself. In high school you could take em out back (sleepy Joe style), in ATC it's an accepted form of harassment. "Stop being a pu$$y!" And work your tower :lol:

Lol that's a good one about now being stuck in tower all week. Actually made me laugh out loud. That's a creative spin on "our skills are better in the radar". Such disrespect! Such blasphemy! Nothing short of a travesty! (Stephen A Smith voice). The silver lining is you know all those crusty entitled ones are always super whipped and get pegged every night by their wives. Compensating extra at work during these Corona times.

How many years is the magic time not to be considered a 2nd class citizen? I'll say about 15ish, unless your dad worked in the facility then its 3. There are other categories as well that are NSFW, so I'll just do what half the ppl here do...
IT'S ALL Trumps fault!

Last edited by a moderator:
EFSTS is like kryptonite to the old entitled Alpha Dog boomers of the facility! They cant possibly be expected to wave a little piece of paper over a scanner, that's not how it was back in 84' boy! And if you change it theyll torment and motherfuck you mercilessly until you want to kill yourself. In high school you could take em out back (sleepy Joe style), in ATC it's an accepted form of harassment. "Stop being a pu$$y!" And work your tower :lol:

Lol that's a good one about now being stuck in tower all week. Actually made me laugh out loud. That's a creative spin on "our skills are better in the radar". Such disrespect! Such blasphemy! Nothing short of a travesty! (Stephen A Smith voice). The silver lining is you know all those crusty entitled ones are always super whipped and get pegged every night by their wives. Compensating extra at work during these Corona times.

.How many years is the magic time not to be considered a 2nd class citizen? I'll say about 15ish, unless your dad worked in the facility then its 3. There are other categories as well that are NSFW, so I'll just do what half the ppl here do...
IT'S ALL Trumps fault!
I wish I woke up in the morning and could shit gold like this then piss silver... Take a star.

IMO the same number of people will die from this virus no matter what we do, because I think we're pretty much all going to get it- BUT more people will die because of our inability to treat everyone at once if we do nothing and let the virus peak quickly.
Precisely! Assume some number of people (say 70% of the population) are going to get it no matter what. Some of those cases will be serious enough that they might die, but good treatment in a hospital will save them. If everyone gets it at once there won't be space in the hospitals for them. That's what we're trying to do with flattening the curve, keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed.

Honestly I feel like the current path we are on is the longest to recovery.
Yes, it is. By design. Letting everyone get it right now in the next two weeks will certainly get the problem out of the way fast, but you're going to overload the healthcare system, overload the funeral system, and kill maybe one or two orders of magnitude more people that way. If we do this properly it will take months to play out but people won't die unnecessarily.

I love how so many ATC suddenly became virologists and statisticians on the side.
No worse than management and RVPs doing the same thing. If NEA would have had some balls in the beginning (2-3 weeks ago) instead of burying their heads in the sand with management, we could have been on top of this. But instead, we were told (by NATCA RVPs moonlighting as viral pathologists) that surface contaminants were a fallacy and we had to give an infected person a 6 hour rim job (12 hours for a trainee) to catch the virus ourselves.

No worse than management and RVPs doing the same thing. If NEA would have had some balls in the beginning (2-3 weeks ago) instead of burying their heads in the sand with management, we could have been on top of this. But instead, we were told (by NATCA RVPs moonlighting as viral pathologists) that surface contaminants were a fallacy and we had to give an infected person a 6 hour rim job (12 hours for a trainee) to catch the virus ourselves.
So is it only passed ass to mouth or also mouth to ass?

Back
Top Bottom