Tier 2 prior military question.

Kidwonder33

Any info would be appreciated. I just received an email saying that I am tier 2 and with it was an attached sf180. I was wondering do I send that form off to the military records or what? Just kind need some insight on the process.

Any info would be appreciated. I just received an email saying that I am tier 2 and with it was an attached sf180. I was wondering do I send that form off to the military records or what? Just kind need some insight on the process.
I got the same email today. I'll take a closer look when I get off work but any guidance would be appreciated.

Did the email you got tell you to fax your completed sf180, but not give you a fax number to send it to? I'm trying to figure out where to send it.

Hmm. I know on the third page of that attachment it gave the places to send it. I was sent the email and fax number for being prior Air Force. I have no idea about Navy's fax number
Cool thanks. I'll ask my medical rep if I can get the email and fax for the Navy. I appreciate the help.

This was included in my instructions for the sf180:
b) Send the completed forms (SF-180 and DD2870) via fax to 314-538-2322 OR mail to:
Federal Aviation Administration
ATO Records Research Office
1 Archives Drive, Suite 128
Saint Louis, MO 63138-1002

Don't over think the process. I was Tier II from Aug 2016 bid. I literally just received my facility list offerings last week. So prepare for a long ride. If i remember correctly those forms are just to grant FAA permission to request everything the military has on you. You send them to the address / fax is quicker, and then they directly request the info they want.

Don't over think the process. I was Tier II from Aug 2016 bid. I literally just received my facility list offerings last week. So prepare for a long ride. If i remember correctly those forms are just to grant FAA permission to request everything the military has on you. You send them to the address / fax is quicker, and then they directly request the info they want.

Ostrago,

From the time you sent back the SF 180 to the time you got your list... What was that time frame? I just sent mine back a few weeks ago.

MMPI-2 tier 2 evaluation, not for VA stuff. Although there seems to be a ton of vets who struggle with it...

I passed the MMPI in 2010. But was not diagnosed with PTSD then. I take it tomorrow for the prior experience bid. Fingers crossed. Although I don't remember it asking about disabilities last time. Also, I am not on medication. Just saw a counselor. So I don't see me getting medically disqualified. At least I hope not. Just going to get all med records and probably see an FAA approved psychiatrist.

This was included in my instructions for the sf180:
b) Send the completed forms (SF-180 and DD2870) via fax to 314-538-2322 OR mail to:
Federal Aviation Administration
ATO Records Research Office
1 Archives Drive, Suite 128
Saint Louis, MO 63138-1002
I wasn't given an address or fax number to send it to for the FAA. I just replied to the email I received with an attachment and haven't heard anything back.

Has anyone had service in multiple branches? I was active Marines and am currently Army Reserves. Am I able to include both on the one submission of the sf180? I am thinking I will just do it and hopefully they are smart enough to figure it out on the other end, although I don't put it past them.

Has anyone had service in multiple branches? I was active Marines and am currently Army Reserves. Am I able to include both on the one submission of the sf180? I am thinking I will just do it and hopefully they are smart enough to figure it out on the other end, although I don't put it past them.

The request is the same... I believe the different branches just means that your records for each service will be in different locations, meaning multiple copies of the same form will have to be sent out to retrieve your records.

The request is the same... I believe the different branches just means that your records for each service will be in different locations, meaning multiple copies of the same form will have to be sent out to retrieve your records.
I called the national archives and spoke to them. If you submit anything to them they then forward to the correct place that will have your records as each branch, based on the time in which you served, keep them in different places. This process adds steps so after about an hour's worth of research I figured the different places to submit my sf180 and should hopefully save myself some time. My only concern is they may want medical records also which I think might be separate from the personnel records. Not gonna worry on that too much though and just send my requests.

Back
Top Bottom