Training Hold… Again?

Are people not getting updates from their NATCA reps? My Z's rep sends us a list of all facilities and their current status. 14 Z are on full training suspensions.
Lol updates from Natca. That’s cute. You must be at a unicorn facility, the exception to the rule. People must be on this site because of the all the great info Natca shares with us. No need to look for answers elsewhere.

Are they still using the “training suspension” gating criteria of cases per 100k people in the county, or is it cases within the place of employment? Kinda a bunch of horseshit considering this is a much less lethal variant, nonetheless the immunity we’ve all built up over the last two years to this and the vaccine(s) we’ve all been “encouraged” to get. Everyone could be sick but no one going to the hospital and that shuts down training? Really?

Just spit at other people until we all get sick so we can just move on. This is ridiculous.
It’s region specific based on your facility positives and Covid positives in the county in which your facility is located in. That’s been the answer for the last 6+ months. It only seems nationwide because Omicron is pushing up the numbers everywhere

The fact that NATCA is still signing off on these purely political bullshit training holds is disgusting.
Honestly, sign off on them all they want. Just have a plan to un-fuck the lives of trainees. I've been at my Z for over 2 years now and haven't been able to train consistently enough to have any certs yet. Good thing there's only been record inflation these last few years and the cost of... everything has jumped up. So I've taken a pay cut since joining the FAA and NATCA just keeps telling me to go fuck myself when I try to bring it up.

Honestly, sign off on them all they want. Just have a plan to un-fuck the lives of trainees. I've been at my Z for over 2 years now and haven't been able to train consistently enough to have any certs yet. Good thing there's only been record inflation these last few years and the cost of... everything has jumped up. So I've taken a pay cut since joining the FAA and NATCA just keeps telling me to go fuck myself when I try to bring it up.
Nobody seems to understand how badly trainees have been fucked over these last several years. 5+ years to CPC is going to be common at many facilities because of this shit. Being stuck in the lower pay bands for that long, particularly AG is brutal at best, unsustainable at worst. The fact that we’re 3 years into this and nobody has offered any type of solution is going to drive a lot of trainees out the door.

Nobody seems to understand how badly trainees have been fucked over these last several years. 5+ years to CPC is going to be common at many facilities because of this shit. Being stuck in the lower pay bands for that long, particularly AG is brutal at best, unsustainable at worst. The fact that we’re 3 years into this and nobody has offered any type of solution is going to drive a lot of trainees out the door.
You’d be doing yourselves a favor leaving the agency because it doesn’t get any better once you CPC

We all get that but the FAA clueless on it.

Back
Top Bottom