Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
If NATCA can walk the fine line then there are lots of us very much enjoying this time off. That being said I’m 100% willing to aimlessly report to my facility and self study if it means meaningfully better job security

Just gonna leave this here:

We keep getting the same story month after month.
1. Rumors about training coming back (7/29/20)
2. A "date" which training expected to resume (This weekend/a few days)
3. 1-2 people with "sources" saying they are testing something/it's going to happen. (Stinger 07/29/20)
4. Training hold thread reignites and there's general hope for the future. <-------YOU ARE HERE
5. Crushing defeat by way of "testing went poorly" or "training suspended indefinitely"
6. A thousand posts about how NATCA/FAA is shafting the trainees and then a thousand more posts about how the trainees aren't getting shafted.
7. Repeat Steps 1-6.

If NATCA can walk the fine line then there are lots of us very much enjoying this time off. That being said I’m 100% willing to aimlessly report to my facility and self study if it means meaningfully better job security
I’m 100% willing to not work the busiest sectors in the area making 30-50% less than everyone else I’m working with

NATCA can't agree within NATCA. Tons of VFR heavy facilities are working pre COVID19 numbers. While centers and other IFR heavy traffic facilities are still working much less than their pre COVID19 numbers. They are attempting to do this on a "national" level, but everyone feels differently based on their local situations. Why we will hear different things from different people from different facilities for a while now.

NATCA can't agree within NATCA. Tons of VFR heavy facilities are working pre COVID19 numbers. While centers and other IFR heavy traffic facilities are still working much less than their pre COVID19 numbers. They are attempting to do this on a "national" level, but everyone feels differently based on their local situations. Why we will hear different things from different people from different facilities for a while now.

I’ll say it for natca - since they refuse to say it themselves - they don’t want training until the workforce is vaccinated / virus is eradicated. The whole traffic count thing is just a smoke screen.

My anthem to NATCA (this may or may not be me):

CaptainObvious can attest that this is authentic. He’s well aware of those log, greedy fingers from our time in the Navy.

I’ll say it for natca - since they refuse to say it themselves - they don’t want training until the workforce is vaccinated / virus is eradicated. The whole traffic count thing is just a smoke screen.

Let's be honest and really say it for them... they don't want to push for training because all those high level large facilities are on sweet covid schedules with low traffic. While lots of small places are back on normal schedules and have traffic/staffing to train on. The power is in the large facilities and why would they push for training at some places when doing so might lose them covid schedules. At towers that are on normal schedules the trainees with GC are there and just as close to others as they would be training or not. They don't run rotations thinking about social distancing... they put them on a position that would probably just be combined with something else (GC FD/CD) if they were training. 4 people in the tower either way if we train or not. There's literally no reason for some places to not be training... and tons of reasons to train. We need to do this per facility and not nation wide... it's fucking crazy

Let's be honest and really say it for them... they don't want to push for training because all those high level large facilities are on sweet covid schedules with low traffic. While lots of small places are back on normal schedules and have traffic/staffing to train on. The power is in the large facilities and why would they push for training at some places when doing so might lose them covid schedules. At towers that are on normal schedules the trainees with GC are there and just as close to others as they would be training or not. They don't run rotations thinking about social distancing... they put them on a position that would probably just be combined with something else (GC FD/CD) if they were training. 4 people in the tower either way if we train or not. There's literally no reason for some places to not be training... and tons of reasons to train. We need to do this per facility and not nation wide... it's fucking crazy
There is a lot of logic and understandable frustration there, but the ATMs simply aren't autonomous enough to make their own decisions. When IAD hears DCA is training, you think they're gonna be the ones not doing it? No. I push for local decisions on a lot of things, but there's no way you can do training or not locally because you might as well make it national at that point since no one is going to want to the ones not training, even if there are legitimate reasons not to

I'm not *trying* to rip on NATCA, though I think their communication has sucked royally and I'm sure that's what it'll sound like anyways, but I really don't think they care about the traffic count. Their famous line for the last 5 months has been "Get people out of the building." Traffic was down, and that was the smoke screen, then when traffic had a slight uptick, it went back to "too many people in the building." Their primary issue right now is "protecting the workforce" and they're doing a hell of a job of it, the rest of the issues be damned. I've said it before and I'll say it again... I really believe NATCA wants a vaccinated workforce before trainees are allowed into the building. They're fighting very very hard and it's becoming more and more evident every day.

I hope there are AGs finishing the academy reading this right now - I'm CERTAIN your facility reps are going to call you and try to get your dues ASAP. I'm telling you all right now, you have NOTHING to gain from paying them right now. NATCA is doing NOTHING for you. Even pre-covid, trainees didn't get many benefits from the union until your probation was up anyways, but a lot of trainees went along with it. Tell your facrep you'll pay them when you set foot in the facility. Be polite about it and tell them money is tight and you aren't sure of the future. There is NO REASON an AG out of OKC should be paying dues until they're allowed to go into the building. I know most of the people reading this will not listen or think I'm crazy and dismiss this, but it needs to be said.

The facility that surrounds yours has been pretty busy and is not on a sweet Covid schedule, so not all large facilities are reaping the benefits

Reactions: twn
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom