Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm becoming pessimistic about this but there'd better be some limit if that's the case ^^^

Because I'm one position away from CPC, and I would highly dislike being furloughed when I've been working and getting my ass kicked a lot of days because we're social distancing but definitely have enough traffic to train/get ass kicked regularly. AND getting paid less than my co-workers next to me, yet the same pay as those who got to stay at home for 4 months because they only have FD/1 position.

Being useful *to a point* is morale busting.

I find it hard to envision a scenario where CPC-ITs like yourself who are currently being used for staffing are sent home and furloughed. I'm less confident about what will happen to CPC-ITs who had only just started at the new facility, or who weren't allowed back for an over the shoulder before they hit 120 days. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't expect them to furlough established controllers while keeping developmentals on the books, but these are not normal circumstances...

I find it hard to envision a scenario where CPC-ITs like yourself who are currently being used for staffing are sent home and furloughed. I'm less confident about what will happen to CPC-ITs who had only just started at the new facility, or who weren't allowed back for an over the shoulder before they hit 120 days. Under normal circumstances I wouldn't expect them to furlough established controllers while keeping developmentals on the books, but these are not normal circumstances...

If trainess are working they shouldn't be furloughed either.

If trainess are working they shouldn't be furloughed either.

I completely agree. Like I said, these are not normal circumstances. Normally, the idea of developmentals being kept on while CPC-ITs are furloughed would be a non-starter, but I don't feel like it can be ruled out during all this. Obviously, it would be ridiculous to send home and furlough people that can currently be used for staffing.

I completely agree. Like I said, these are not normal circumstances. Normally, the idea of developmentals being kept on while CPC-ITs are furloughed would be a non-starter, but I don't feel like it can be ruled out during all this. Obviously, it would be ridiculous to send home and furlough people that can currently be used for staffing.
Or furloughing a 3 year center trainee over a 6 month tower CPC

If anything, why furlough them? Offer to send them back to their previous facility where, presumably, they will have a quick re-certification. That's probably more palatable to some (I know not all) than being furloughed.

I guess this is where the good old "Reduction in Force" rears its head....

cant recert. No training allowed noob.

Potentially, they'd re-open "training" for only re-certifying people so we don't have to deny services, since people are still retiring and we still have a shortage? But probably not.

If anything, why furlough them? Offer to send them back to their previous facility where, presumably, they will have a quick re-certification. That's probably more palatable to some (I know not all) than being furloughed.

If OJT was allowed for recertification, you'd think they'd offer that at the current facility as opposed to the prior facility. Though, yes, that would still be a better option than a furlough for many

Any other facility bring trainees back for 2 days to get a 30 min recert and get 8 hours then sent back home? Apparently if someone is gone for over 90 days they require them to do SIMS and actually hit minimum hours before re-certifying. So our facility brought them back to bypass that rule.
Seems pretty stupid to let trainees back in increasing the chance of an outbreak, and some of these trainees had a few deals while working those 8 hours.

I feel you man. My favorite part of this extra delay to my last 2 sectors is the CPCs that still talk trash and treat me like shit daily just because I'm still a trainee when we've been side by side working with them since march. I'm in limbo mode of getting treated like a stupid trainee at this point, while also making 30-60k less than all of them. Fun stuff
Lmao I hate to say it but it will take one or two more people certifying after you for that to go away. It’s absolute trash but the truth.

Now Emperor Fraduci says you need goggles too! 6 more months of winter. Back to the Dallas lab to test googles! Paging Horace Grant

legally-blind.jpg

A lot of you seem to think NATCA is solely responsible for the training suspension and also furloughs are likely. How can those both be true? Do you really think if the FAA said “training has to resume or we’re going to start furloughing people”, NATCA would say “so be it”? NATCA may be willing to ride this out as long as possible, but there’s absolutely no way they’d go along with preventable furloughs. To the point where it’s asinine to even think that.

Any other facility bring trainees back for 2 days to get a 30 min recert and get 8 hours then sent back home? Apparently if someone is gone for over 90 days they require them to do SIMS and actually hit minimum hours before re-certifying. So our facility brought them back to bypass that rule.
Seems pretty stupid to let trainees back in increasing the chance of an outbreak, and some of these trainees had a few deals while working those 8 hours.

I think it's 120 days, and yes, a lot of facilities did that. Unfortunately for people who were in the classroom when all this hit - and undoubtedly some other edge cases - the plans to allow that did not materialize until after they'd already hit their 120. Waivers were discussed but never materialized at all. At some of the facilities I've heard about, the trainees that got their over the shoulder in time have now been recalled for staffing.

There is only one agency that has had proposed furloughs and that is a user-fee based agency.

Anything is always possible but right now it is just catastrophizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom