Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an RV owner they pumped that up to $300 last I drove around
Yeah. Nothing like seeing that 150 go by on a gas pump. Big yikes.
Back when you’re poor and you buy gas 20 dollars at a time and act like it’s cheaper
This the way.

Still don’t understand why this has to be so secretive.... Here we are all on EA wondering if we are going to get recalled Monday or in seven weeks. Just a general timeline and goals would be nice.
They don’t know. Lol

While true, they should be able to say “Next week don’t plan on being in the building yet” every Friday before a weekend.
But that’s my point. They don’t even know if that is true.

But that’s my point. They don’t even know if that is true.
Yah they do! There is a work group and they certainly know where they are at. They didn’t know anything before and then they dropped like a 30 page pdf about it

Hey everyone! Just checking in and giving some information. There is movement in the right direction-we are getting the lab going and scheduling a stage 4 class. I know it's bittersweet because you all are pretty far down on the food chain, but I'm glad to be planning.
So far the only update I've gotten from my facility in months, other than asking us to do the ODO training even though we're at a Z and I'm not sure anything could be more irrelevant.

I'm guessing, as a Stage 3 trainee, I'm not touching the facility until 2021 at least.

So far the only update I've gotten from my facility in months, other than asking us to do the ODO training even though we're at a Z and I'm not sure anything could be more irrelevant.

I'm guessing, as a Stage 3 trainee, I'm not touching the facility until 2021 at least.

How is ODO irrelevant to a Z?

It’s very relevant if your area has a VFR tower. It’s less likely to be relevant if not but any airport with approach control could temporarily become a VFR tower under the right circumstances.
our non radar rules is not what is depicted in this ODO trianing tho

I don’t understand why this has to be made so difficult. Couple months ago was recalled for staffing. I have a couple R’s. We started training and are still on 5/5. Clearly since I was recalled I was needed for staffing but our schedule isn’t changing now because of that. I can train for most of the day but sometimes get pulled off for an hour or so to open another sector. Not sure why we can’t be counted both as trainees and staffing when needed. Is our Z the only Z that seems to be able to do both?

I don’t understand why this has to be made so difficult. Couple months ago was recalled for staffing. I have a couple R’s. We started training and are still on 5/5. Clearly since I was recalled I was needed for staffing but our schedule isn’t changing now because of that. I can train for most of the day but sometimes get pulled off for an hour or so to open another sector. Not sure why we can’t be counted both as trainees and staffing when needed. Is our Z the only Z that seems to be able to do both?
Nah mine can too. Amarillo tower cant figure it out

While specifics for ODO may be different from the basic lesson they toss out it’s still super relevant at a Z. Assuming you have low sectors and run approaches into a VFR tower.

Hey Stinger is kind of seems like every facility is on their own program now... was this designed? Or am I just imagining things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom