Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly yes, yet depends on the honesty of the individual.

City, county, and state owned families are under their own jurisdiction. Not necessarily subject to federal enforcement.
I guess I should reword it, how many ATMs will will try to enforce it knowing good and well their facility is owned by the city, state, or county.

I guess I should reword it, how many ATMs will will try to enforce it knowing good and well their facility is owned by the city, state, or county.
You work for the executive branch. You have no case. Just like we couldn’t opt out of trumps dumb social security loan

You work for the executive branch. You have no case. Just like we couldn’t opt out of trumps dumb social security loan
Look at A104 of the CBA. To me that says that the EO wouldn't trump the MOU since the MOU is an extension of the CBA.

So regardless of it being a federal facility or city owned it wouldn't apply. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the EO but after reading that I'm not sure it would apply to us. But that's just my take, I could be wrong.

Look at A104 of the CBA. To me that says that the EO wouldn't trump the MOU since the MOU is an extension of the CBA.

So regardless of it being a federal facility or city owned it wouldn't apply. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the EO but after reading that I'm not sure it would apply to us. But that's just my take, I could be wrong.
Yah idk if it would or wouldn’t. But I don’t think the legal ownership of the building would have standing.

edit: reading 104 just seems like they’d have to Call them and make a new MOU which would
Probably comply with the EO. But has anyone actually seen the writing to the EO? There could be words that make the MOU comply. Like “while
Social distancing cannot be maintained” I read it will
Follow CDC guidelines. Which we already follow I think.

Yah idk if it would or wouldn’t. But I don’t think the legal ownership of the building would have standing.

edit: reading 104 just seems like they’d have to Call them and make a new MOU which would
Probably comply with the EO. But has anyone actually seen the writing to the EO? There could be words that make the MOU comply. Like “while
Social distancing cannot be maintained” I read it will
Follow CDC guidelines. Which we already follow I think.

So when do y'all think training will fully resume? Probably have to have a green Harvard map huh?

Dude, if Biden signed a EO mandating masks it must still be serious. Considering that I think they have no choice but to suspend training for the 100 days of the mandate.

Last edited:
Sounds like the EO calls out federal property and employees specifically.

When all these anti training ppl try to shift swap when the trainees finally certify.
1 in every 820 Americans have died from COVID. At the current rate, that number would be about 1 in 650 in 5 weeks. The virus is serious and should be treated in a serious manner.

There are those that simply don't want to train or don't want to return to work. I'm quite certain they are significantly outnumbered by those that simply want to responsibly mitigate risk to themselves and others. Particularly when the necessity to certify new controllers in the near future is greatly muted by the low current and projected traffic counts.

On the other side of the fence, there are trainees that don't really care what health impact rushing their training has on others. I'm quite certain that they are significantly outnumbered by those that are unhappy about a 10 -15 month delay in their training progression but accept that the delay is justified to mitigate spread of a dangerous pathogen.

1 in every 820 Americans have died from COVID. At the current rate, that number would be about 1 in 650 in 5 weeks. The virus is serious and should be treated in a serious manner.

There are those that simply don't want to train or don't want to return to work. I'm quite certain they are significantly outnumbered by those that simply want to responsibly mitigate risk to themselves and others. Particularly when the necessity to certify new controllers in the near future is greatly muted by the low current and projected traffic counts.

On the other side of the fence, there are trainees that don't really care what health impact rushing their training has on others. I'm quite certain that they are significantly outnumbered by those that are unhappy about a 10 -15 month delay in their training progression but accept that the delay is justified to mitigate spread of a dangerous pathogen.
The controllers needed for when traffic returns need to have already started training to be there in time.

God, I’m so sick of the bullshit “TrAiNeEs CoMiNg BaCk ImPaCtS mY hEaLtH” arguments. The overwhelming number of COVID deaths have been elderly people with pre-existing conditions. As tragic as it is, most of those “COVID deaths” were cases of people who could have literally dropped dead at any moment anyways. The majority of the ATC workforce are 30 and 40 year olds who are at an absolutely minuscule risk of dying from this virus. Not to mention, anyone who’s “high risk” is already at home, totally safe out of harms way. Every other aspect of society had found a way to adjust to the new normal. Disney World is open. Airlines are still flying people. Restaurants have adapted. Other government agencies are still training people.

And yet, FAA trainees are expected to just sit back and have there careers flushed down the shitter because of “tHe ViRuS.” It’s TOTAL BULLSHIT. We’ve had a year of this stupidity. Stop the madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom