Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we get the magic map plan 4 months ago, and the criteria was so strict that virtually everyone has been red the entire time. Now finally, COVID cases are going down and facilities are getting closer to meeting the criteria. But out of the blue, these arbitrary stoppages are popping up across the country that seemingly have nothing to do with the map. So I guess we’re just going to keep changing the rules to continue fucking trainees, and AG’s most of all, for the foreseeable future now?
FR. Y’a he more Covid a facility gets the more training the should be able to do if you think about it

So we get the magic map plan 4 months ago, and the criteria was so strict that virtually everyone has been red the entire time. Now finally, COVID cases are going down and facilities are getting closer to meeting the criteria. But out of the blue, these arbitrary stoppages are popping up across the country that seemingly have nothing to do with the map. So I guess we’re just going to keep changing the rules to continue fucking trainees, and AG’s most of all, for the foreseeable future now?
The way I understand it is that there are two separate criteria. The excel file Stinger mentioned is for those trainees that are already in the building, and is coupled
With any new infections in the facility. If the local area spikes too much or there are infections in the facility, they shut down training.

The Harvard map seems to be for trainees that aren’t certified in any positions. So for those trainees you would need a yellow (possibly orange) map for two weeks in order to resume training from those outside of the building, unless there’s facility infections which would shut it down as well.

The way I understand it is that there are two separate criteria. The excel file Stinger mentioned is for those trainees that are already in the building, and is coupled
With any new infections in the facility. If the local area spikes too much or there are infections in the facility, they shut down training.

The Harvard map seems to be for trainees that aren’t certified in any positions. So for those trainees you would need a yellow (possibly orange) map for two weeks in order to resume training from those outside of the building, unless there’s facility infections which would shut it down as well.
I wonder if the infections = shutdowns is a new protocol or if it’s been in place the whole time. Our local NATCA did a telecon briefing about the Harvard map right after it was announced back in the fall. They never mentioned the high cases could bring about a shutdown though. Wouldn’t be the first time the union hasn’t been fully transparent about all of this though.

I wonder if the infections = shutdowns is a new protocol or if it’s been in place the whole time. Our local NATCA did a telecon briefing about the Harvard map right after it was announced back in the fall. They never mentioned the high cases could bring about a shutdown though. Wouldn’t be the first time the union hasn’t been fully transparent about all of this though.
No idea. They brought back trainees in the middle of the spike, then sent them home a couple of days later. This time we've been assured that whatever sent them home previously has been ironed out...

NCEPT, is that you?

I’ve been back in my Z since Thanksgiving. Still no word on me training and I think it’s still based on the map. Stuck on AG pay with one D-side and the whole time I’m in the facility I can’t do anything. My only sector is rarely open.
Do they make you hang out and “self study” for 8 hours a day? I think my facility recalled everyone with just 1 sector but if the sector they’re certified on isn’t open, they’re supposed to be sent home on EA. It’s stupid as hell.

I’m never sent home because both crews I work on don’t have a supervisor. And I guess CICs can’t send me home. I have to take the same breaks as everyone...then constantly get a hard time because I can’t do anything but watch... sucks
Man that’s terrible. They just gotta put an end to this insanity already. Let people fucking train.

I’m never sent home because both crews I work on don’t have a supervisor. And I guess CICs can’t send me home. I have to take the same breaks as everyone...then constantly get a hard time because I can’t do anything but watch... sucks. No self study
Fuck go to the OM and ask for it.

I’m never sent home because both crews I work on don’t have a supervisor. And I guess CICs can’t send me home. I have to take the same breaks as everyone...then constantly get a hard time because I can’t do anything but watch... sucks. No self study
That’s BS we get sent home early almost every day, CIC or Supe regardless. They can easily have the OM put you on EA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom