Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you really believe in the vaccine and think everyone should have it, I’m surprised to see you all jumping in line to get it first instead of waiting until all of the high risk people get theirs. Most of us are in the 30’s and at extremely low risk. Is training and a couple bucks really more important than someone’s life to you? Food for thought for the self righteous in here.

If you really believe in the vaccine and think everyone should have it, I’m surprised to see you all jumping in line to get it first instead of waiting until all of the high risk people get theirs. Most of us are in the 30’s and at extremely low risk. Is training and a couple bucks really more important than someone’s life to you? Food for thought for the self righteous in here.
I wouldn’t say people want it just for that reason. Many people have older relatives that would be high risk. Getting the vaccine would mitigate the risk of infecting them. I know my family personally didn’t see any of our grandparents over the holidays, and they haven’t met their 4 month old granddaughter yet. It’s not all about money, although, that is a big factor.

If I was offered the vaccine, I’d take it.

Nah i think essential workers that have to go out in public should have priority as well as old people. Cus going atc 0 is very good for the country that’s trying to ship vaccines around.

Anyone who has been going to work to support everyone who has been staying at home should get priority.

A few people's grandparents might die, but is America more important-absolutely

A few people's grandparents might die, but is America more important-absolutely
You know all these groups are getting priority. Flight attendants, teachers, etc. Doesn’t seem like NATCA is trying very hard. Getting 20,000 doses from the feds to the flight surgeons doesn’t seem too hard.

You know all these groups are getting priority. Flight attendants, teachers, etc. Doesn’t seem like NATCA is trying very hard. Getting 20,000 doses from the feds to the flight surgeons doesn’t seem too hard.
You'll have to come back once it's regularly

Vaccination sites in my area allow walk-ins at the end of certain days if they have leftover vaccines that are going to expire. Took a chance at one, and the woman in charge looked at my ID and said I was eligible. According to people working at the site, there were over 100 vaccines still in the fridge that day that would be expiring, and I was there after anyone with an appointment had gotten their dose. I was the only person there when I showed up.

If there was only one vaccine left that day and it was between me and someone higher risk, of course I wouldn't have taken it.

I wouldn’t say people want it just for that reason. Many people have older relatives that would be high risk. Getting the vaccine would mitigate the risk of infecting them. I know my family personally didn’t see any of our grandparents over the holidays, and they haven’t met their 4 month old granddaughter yet. It’s not all about money, although, that is a big factor.

If I was offered the vaccine, I’d take it.
I'm behind on the news but haven't they said even with the vaccine can't you still get and pass the virus? The vaccine simply reduces the reaction, doesn't it?

That's quite a logical jump you took from me getting the vaccine to someone else dying. Me taking your moral high road and not getting the vaccine equivaling killing someone else is illogical. 100% of seniors are not taking the vaccine for one reason or another.

I'm behind on the news but haven't they said even with the vaccine can't you still get and pass the virus? The vaccine simply reduces the reaction, doesn't it?
they just haven’t proved you can’t pass it. But it stops serious infection so if everyone gets it then what’s the difference?

Well, "they" told me I was high risk, but then several months later said I had to report anyway. What throws me off is that High risk + Essential is not a category. Guess I thought that if you are at risk but you still have to report to work, maybe they'd put that over those that are just high risk, or just have to report to work.

Now personally, I was never that worried. If I were that fearful, I would be on LWOP/sick once they recalled me. But it's still kind of a slap in the face to say "you should be extra worried, and by the way, we're not gonna give you any priority or additional consideration." Maybe just keep your mouth shut then.

meant that once they get enough people with it, there won't be a reason not to work. Doing 6/1 is the worst nightmare approaching. Keeping people out of the building is the goal and anyone telling you otherwise is lying. It's for safety

Uhh I'd probably stick to atc man this advice is about two weeks late.

That said these trainees are lazy, I used to train for 5 hours regularly. If they wanted to get some they would just show up anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom