Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s BS we get sent home early almost every day, CIC or Supe regardless. They can easily have the OM put you on EA.
CICs have to be given permission from management to send people home though. They can’t arbitrarily hand out EA. Sounds like a good facility you’re at.

CICs have to be given permission from management to send people home though. They can’t arbitrarily hand out EA. Sounds like a good facility you’re at.
I guess it makes sense to our management to mitigate risk by having us in the building less when we can’t work our sectors when they all get combined after the pushes. Why he has to be at work all day with one sector he can’t work is so dumb.

So there's an excel file that tracks the covid status for each facility and the corresponding color code (green/yellow/orange/red), as well as the number of covid cases at each facility, which facilities are newly eligible to recall employees, and which are newly paused.
Each week it's updated and then additional decisions are made to determine which facilities can train/not train based on flight surgeon input.
Is there a link to this excel file?
Isnt this the Excel file on the NATCA portal under the COVID resources? Right next to the Harvard map link?

I've been keeping an eye on this spreadsheet for 8 months while treating my liver like WSB treated Merrill Lynch.

Isnt this the Excel file on the NATCA portal under the COVID resources? Right next to the Harvard map link?

I've been keeping an eye on this spreadsheet for 8 months while treating my liver like WSB treated Merrill Lynch.
Couldn't find the link but did find out that all the NATCA emails I've been bitching about not getting on this forum were because I sent them to a separate email I forgot about... oops

Has there been anything put out related to what would happen if a trainee were to get fully vaccinated? Or are we still at the mercy of the Harvard map regardless?

Has there been anything put out related to what would happen if a trainee were to get fully vaccinated? Or are we still at the mercy of the Harvard map regardless?
I was slated to get it and asked an atm if it would make a difference and was told no, going by the map. That could obviously change but thats the answer I received.

They still haven't verified that the vaccine makes you less contagious or not. Only boost your own immune system to fight it off. It's not a magic shield.

I’ve been back in my Z since Thanksgiving. Still no word on me training and I think it’s still based on the map. Stuck on AG pay with one D-side and the whole time I’m in the facility I can’t do anything. My only sector is rarely open.

That manages to be worse than being stuck at home, wow. Can't believe they make you hang around - I'm sorry, bro.

We called the flight surgeon to see if vax needed to be reported, and were told that our region isn't even trying to keep track of it. Maybe as more people get jabs they'll come up with a workaround.

Question for the masses: If you haven't been assigned a covid schedule team, your EA 'recallable' times are just your normal bid schedule, I assume? If we are able to start taking 'weekends' away before everyone is recalled, the agency can't say dick all about it, right?

We figure the fastest way to get her into the building is to get vaccinated and start booking trips, they'll have her back before we take the first flight. But on the off chance that we actually get to travel, an employee is only recallable during their scheduled shifts, right? And someone that isn't even on a covid team after the last schedule change just goes with what they bid?

They still haven't verified that the vaccine makes you less contagious or not. Only boost your own immune system to fight it off. It's not a magic shield.

We're already getting a little bit of hopeful data about that, with more coming every day. I figure we'll know with reasonable certainty within six weeks, so people getting their shots now will know by the time they hit full protection. If we're lucky, by then the agency will have decided how they'd proceed if the news looked good.

That manages to be worse than being stuck at home, wow. Can't believe they make you hang around - I'm sorry, bro.

We called the flight surgeon to see if vax needed to be reported, and were told that our region isn't even trying to keep track of it. Maybe as more people get jabs they'll come up with a workaround.

Question for the masses: If you haven't been assigned a covid schedule team, your EA 'recallable' times are just your normal bid schedule, I assume? If we are able to start taking 'weekends' away before everyone is recalled, the agency can't say dick all about it, right?

We figure the fastest way to get her into the building is to get vaccinated and start booking trips, they'll have her back before we take the first flight. But on the off chance that we actually get to travel, an employee is only recallable during their scheduled shifts, right? And someone that isn't even on a covid team after the last schedule change just goes with what they bid?

Just take your trips and don't tell anyone about it. If she's recalled then make it back by the recall date or she could also just by pure chance already be sick when's she's recalled. You think controllers workout have been staying within commiting distance this whole time?

It stops about 100% of severe infection. That’s pretty magically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom