Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true just sharing this information would clear up most of our gripe of lack of information. Sharing the submitted plan would be even better.
That reasonable request is predicated on the assumption that they do in fact have a plan. I don’t think they have a plan and they certainly can’t publicly admit that. The SOP seems to be take it week by week and see what’s happening, adjust as needed. Already, Some places are going to 5/5 from 5/10s. I do sympathize with having training interrupted, I really do, especially when it’s clicking and you’re moving along but I don’t expect it to be resuming anytime soon. My advice, forget about work. Go learn a language, read some books you have always wanted to read, build a chair, do something. You won’t be furloughed, and when they need you, they will call you.

I already need a revert how long till I have to train on d sides again. That would be the ultimate fu. At least let us come in and get currency to avoid that

120 days since last working on position, then you cycle back into training at a percentage of hours.

Trainees weren’t sent home as a result of no traffic. It was for social distancing. Now the story has changed to “don’t bring them back until traffic comes back.” Complete double standard.

also, why does traffic increasing suddenly make it okay to forego social distancing requirements and return trainees? If they’re at home - they’re useless. What does returning them to work accomplish (hint: nothing)?

also, I’m not ADVOCATING for the F word - just saying it’s a higher chance than anyone cares to admit.

This is my point. Traffic or no traffic doesn’t change the reason trainees are at home. Are retirements also on hold too?
Same reason states are opening dude. People are starting to accept the risk. And when traffic gets to a point where the FAA gains something by bringing trainees back I assume they will deem the risk acceptable just like the rest of society. The virus hasn’t gone away. People are just saying it’s not worth shutting everything down anymore. And for the FAA with traffic still down, it’s the opposite. It’s not worth bringing the people back yet.

If this is true just sharing this information would clear up most of our gripe of lack of information. Sharing the submitted plan would be even better.
You must be new to government operations. They share the plan to the ‘general’ public then it changes, all kind of issues arise. Ie the plan states something to no furloughs, then they have to furlough, paying a certain amount of money for different things, then they don’t. I’m sure you can find something via the DOT twitter page about plans to reopen, or via OMB.

Same reason states are opening dude. People are starting to accept the risk. And when traffic gets to a point where the FAA gains something by bringing trainees back I assume they will deem the risk acceptable just like the rest of society. The virus hasn’t gone away. People are just saying it’s not worth shutting everything down anymore. And for the FAA with traffic still down, it’s the opposite. It’s not worth bringing the people back yet.

trainees have months or in some cases years to spend in labs and classrooms before working the traffic on the floor. Why should that traffic or lack thereof dictate their return when most of them won’t go to the floor anytime soon anyways?

trainees have months or in some cases years to spend in labs and classrooms before working the traffic on the floor. Why should that traffic or lack thereof dictate their return when most of them won’t go to the floor anytime soon anyways?
^ id like to at least knock out my lab. Then if I need to be sent back on admin so be it. But by then we’d be into July or august so who knows.

^ id like to at least knock out my lab. Then if I need to be sent back on admin so be it. But by then we’d be into July or august so who knows.

Im sure I’ll Get slammed for saying this too- but there’s a pretty good chance IF trainees return that any past sim / classroom won’t count and they’ll send them back to square 1, further delaying their training.

Im sure I’ll Get slammed for saying this too- but there’s a pretty good chance IF trainees return that any past sim / classroom won’t count and they’ll send them back to square 1, further delaying their training.
If it goes on for another couple months this could be the case, right now anyone would have a great TRB argument to get extended anyway, if they reset everyone then everyone starts clean from scratch with no excuses.

I don’t think they are going to decertify us from positions we already have.

I don’t think they are going to decertify us from positions we already have.

I think it’s something like after 120 days of not working / having currency it’s default that you lose your ticket anyways and basically have to retrain.

I think it’s something like after 120 days of not working / having currency it’s default that you lose your ticket anyways and basically have to retrain.
Easy. They can waive that. They have already waived other currency requirements.

Or bring them in for a few days for currency and send them Back out After

Easy. They can waive that. They have already waived other currency requirements.

Or bring them in for a few days for currency and send them Back out After

I don’t disagree - but it seems like it’s opening an unnecessary liability for the agency. Not that re-doing OJT at this point accomplishes much right now given the lack of traffic.

So people that already passed sims and got operational certs should redo their sims and start all over? That’s stupid

So people that already passed sims and got operational certs should redo their sims and start all over? That’s stupid

Lots of folks on here seem to make assumptions that I’m advocating for this. I’m not. I’m just saying that’s what I suspect the agency will do. Re-read every one of my posts. Not once have I SUGGESTED this. Only pointing out that it’s inevitable.

I don’t disagree - but it seems like it’s opening an unnecessary liability for the agency. Not that re-doing OJT at this point accomplishes much right now given the lack of traffic.
I got all my certs last summer on peak traffic. I shouldn’t lose them lol.

Lots of folks on here seem to make assumptions that I’m advocating for this. I’m not. I’m just saying that’s what I suspect the agency will do. Re-read every one of my posts. Not once have I SUGGESTED this. Only pointing out that it’s inevitable.
Why would they waste the time and money putting someone through the entire classroom and sim cycle that’s already achieved some level of certification.

Why would they waste the time and money putting someone through the entire classroom and sim cycle that’s already achieved some level of certification.

because my working theory is that’ll be the only option once they finally return to work due to the length in time trainees been off.

again, no official info from the union - but lots of rumors spinning now of this (alternative schedules) lasting at least until end of fiscal - possibly calendar. I just don’t know how anyone (trainee or trainer side) will feel comfortable jumping back into where they left off after a 6+ month gap. The pick up where they left off ship is leaving the dock and we aren’t even halfway through the most recent extension of OJT suspension.

because my working theory is that’ll be the only option once they finally return to work due to the length in time trainees been off.

again, no official info from the union - but lots of rumors spinning now of this (alternative schedules) lasting at least until end of fiscal - possibly calendar. I just don’t know how anyone (trainee or trainer side) will feel comfortable jumping back into where they left off after a 6+ month gap. The pick up where they left off ship is leaving the dock and we aren’t even halfway through the most recent extension of OJT suspension.
I’m just trying to wrap my head around your theory. So a Dev that has operational certs and is “essential” and forced to work should be forced to be put through maps, and classroom, and sims, and OJT on all of the sectors they’re already certified on, because that’s the only option.

Not to mention facilities are already increasing staffing and some are going back to MOU scheduling after this pay period. I would hope they allow some extra hours or catch up time on position or an extra sim problem or two if in sims, but it would be ridiculous to have to redo classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom