Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes us think the training initiative getting extended or not immediately means trainees return upon cancellation of the suspension?

Honestly dont see us being out of work past the 15th. I mean protest are happening around the country with no social distancing. What happened to covid.

What makes us think the training initiative getting extended or not immediately means trainees return upon cancellation of the suspension?
It’s going to be local decision just like the facilities that never went into reduced scheduling, or transitioned off 5/10 already etc. I imagine some centers will keep trainees at home longer depending on how quickly the training department and SAIC gets going.

It’s going to be local decision just like the facilities that never went into reduced scheduling, or transitioned off 5/10 already etc. I imagine some centers will keep trainees at home longer depending on how quickly the training department and SAIC gets going.
I’ve heard some of the SAIC folks were making more money by staying at home. Not sure how valid though. Also, they haven’t been ‘recallable’, so they may be on vacations somewhere and in no rush to come back.

There will probably end up being a huge spike in a week or two from all this and everything will go right back to how it was a month ago on total lockdown.

Doubtful. Georgia opened up bowling allies weeks ago and other states are open with no issues for weeks. Covid is just something we will live with now just like the flu every year.

I’ve heard some of the SAIC folks were making more money by staying at home. Not sure how valid though. Also, they haven’t been ‘recallable’, so they may be on vacations somewhere and in no rush to come back.
I don’t think you still get the expanded unemployment if your job comes back. It runs our end of July anyways.

My facrep said he expects the training suspension to last beyond June 15th, have to remember that traffic dictates training and not how open states are.
There will probably end up being a huge spike in a week or two from all this and everything will go right back to how it was a month ago on total lockdown.
This is also my fear, people are already testing positive for the rona. Plus it's been noted that it takes like 6 weeks to really make a judgement call on whether reopening was a good idea or not. We shall see

Doubtful. Georgia opened up bowling allies weeks ago and other states are open with no issues for weeks. Covid is just something we will live with now just like the flu every year.
But there’s a pretty big difference between a bowling alley opening and crowds of tens of thousands of people marching through dozens of different cities. There’s a reason sporting events and concerts are going to be the last things to come back. Massive gatherings are what cause massive spread. I don’t disagree that COVID is going to be around for a long time, but these protests are almost certainly going to cause a spike in the numbers which is what organizations like the FAA are going off in their decision making. If there’s any kind of an upward trend over the next week, the agency is probably going to push training back again.

My facrep said he expects the training suspension to last beyond June 15th, have to remember that traffic dictates training and not how open states are.

This is also my fear, people are already testing positive for the rona. Plus it's been noted that it takes like 6 weeks to really make a judgement call on whether reopening was a good idea or not. We shall see
Traffic dictating our employment status is a very dangerous game. Natca pls.

have to remember that traffic dictates training and not ...
This is made up by fac reps / RVPs. This hasn't been officially stated by anyone in the FAA nor NATCA nationally.

but these protests are almost certainly going to cause a spike in the numbers which is what organizations like the FAA are going off in their decision making.

Nothing personal, but zero evidence to suggest the phased opening plans supposedly already created will be changed as a results of protests. Pretty far claim, I'd say.

Traffic dictating our employment status is a very dangerous game. Natca pls.
I hate to break it to you, but NATCA is who is advocating for traffic dictating the return. For what reason, I'll never understand.

Everyone seems to be forgetting trainees were dismissed on leave to social distance, not due to lack of traffic.

Last edited:
This is made up by fac reps / RVPs. This hasn't been officially stated by anyone in the FAA nor NATCA federally.

Nothing personal, but zero evidence to suggest the phased opening plans supposedly already created will be changed as a results of protests. Pretty far claim, I'd say.

I hate to break it to you, but NATCA is who is advocating for traffic dictating the return. For what reason, I'll never understand.

Everyone seems to be forgetting trainees were dismissed on leave to social distance, not due to lack of traffic.

myguess is because natca knows if we are not at work and traffic picks up and something bad happens, no one is going to care that they were trying to protect the workforce, instead we let people die while we got free time off. It’s not going to matter what we think, the union will be torn apart. It would be a PR nightmare.we get paid to do our job and we wouldn’t have been doing it.

myguess is because natca knows if we are not at work and traffic picks up and something bad happens, no one is going to care that they were trying to protect the workforce, instead we let people die while we got free time off. It’s not going to matter what we think, the union will be torn apart. It would be a PR nightmare.we get paid to do our job and we wouldn’t have been doing it.

uhh... what?

mnsalty You questioned why natca is advocating that traffic dictate our return....I’m stating they know they can’t defend saying we care more about our workforce than the flying public especially after something bad happens. If traffic picks up...the faa is gonna expect us to work. What’s not to understand?

mnsalty You questioned why natca is advocating that traffic dictate our return....I’m stating they know they can’t defend saying we care more about our workforce than the flying public especially after something bad happens. If traffic picks up...the faa is gonna expect us to work. What’s not to understand?

Edit: I misused the word "advocating." NATCA can't advocate something they're being 100% silent on. What I really meant is that there are a lot of RVPs and local reps spewing out some nonsense with 0 evidence to back it up, such as traffic dictating trainees returning. If they're making these claims, they're basically saying they expect trainees to sit at home for years.

I'm extremely confused on what this "something bad" is you're talking about? Are you trying to say if trainees return to work that something bad will (is more likely to) happen? That's absurd. Most of them aren't even talking to airplanes yet, hence why they're at home.

Last edited:
mnsalty guess I should have specified return to normal staffing and staff to traffic. Not necessarily talking about trainees, while I’m sure that won’t be far behind and I put them in the same category Some facilities have already got off 5/10 and 5/5 because the staffing wasnt adequately staffed for the traffic. Due to leave or any other reason.

And by something bad what I’m saying if there is 1 controller when there should have been More and could have been more to handle the traffic and an accident occurs the public will not understand or care that the workforce wanted to protect itself rather than the flying public....make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom