Transfers from a low level to a high level

CN

Hi all, had a question in regards to transferring from a low level facility. Currently got picked up on the prior experience bid for this year. Got selected for a pretty low level tower. I accepted the position as I’m a believer that you don’t turn down an opportunity. Would being at a low level facility hurt my chances of getting an ERR approved for a high level facility? I’ve read that at the end of the day it’s all a numbers game.

Hi all, had a question in regards to transferring from a low level facility. Currently got picked up on the prior experience bid for this year. Got selected for a pretty low level tower. I accepted the position as I’m a believer that you don’t turn down an opportunity. Would being at a low level facility hurt my chances of getting an ERR approved for a high level facility? I’ve read that at the end of the day it’s all a numbers game.
No the only thing that matters is the staffing at the facility you want to leave and the facility you want to go to.

No the only thing that matters is the staffing at the facility you want to leave and the facility you want to go to.
Thank you the quick response! Does making contacts such as the union rep, ATM, or any supervisors play a factor in the process as well?

Last edited:
Thank you the quick response! Does making making contacts such as the union rep, ATM, or any supervisors play a factor in the process as well?
As an individual who has gone through the NCEPT process, yes it does. Make sure they know who you are when you put your paperwork in so you’re not just a name on a paper.

As an individual who has gone through the NCEPT process, yes it does. Make sure they know who you are when you put your paperwork in so you’re not just a name on a paper.
Is this important for the transferring facility, the receiving facility, or both?

Certify at your facility. Fax/mail your ERR paperwork out. Network. Being involved with the union is a bonus. PAC donations are a bigger bonus. Hope the numbers sway in your favor.

Do PAC donations really play a part? Not looking for a meme answer, but it’s been bounced around so much that I don’t really know anymore.

Do PAC donations really play a part? Not looking for a meme answer, but it’s been bounced around so much that I don’t really know anymore.
Some people are convinced it helps but no one in the union will admit that except behind closed doors.

I was on a union rep call where they specifically advised reps to not look so much at the facility level but instead to look at PAC donations. 100% a real thing. But I made two moves without a pac contribution and when I finally did give some the receiving FacRep at my fourth facility hated me anyway but the manager was cool and didn’t like the FacRep lol.

I was on a union rep call where they specifically advised reps to not look so much at the facility level but instead to look at PAC donations. 100% a real thing. But I made two moves without a pac contribution and when I finally did give some the receiving FacRep at my fourth facility hated me anyway but the manager was cool and didn’t like the FacRep lol.
I thought the whole point of ncept was to get rid of the good boys club! I guess the club just switched from FAA managers to NATCA

I'm not sure about now but 2 or 3 panels ago some facreps looked at how much you contributed. I'm not sure if it was formally put out by the NEB for it to be a selection factor, but I know for a fact some big facilities where looking at donations. A FACREP can also look up things like what offices you have held, what classes you've gone to, PAC donations, facility seniority...

$5 per pay period (and years of constant harassment) is what led to my "success", if you want to word it that way. Luck also helps.

Im hoping PAC donations don't play a part. Although you know what they say, money talks bullshit walks.

Thank you the quick response! Does making contacts such as the union rep, ATM, or any supervisors play a factor in the process as well?
In this process, not really. It would help you in the long run if you go the CPC reinstatement process. That’s another headache and another process for another time though lol.

The union rep and the ATM yes. One or both of those two are responsible for creating the facility's ranking list. Although ultimately it is a numbers game. But if you're number comes up and you aren't ranked very highly on the list submitted by the ATM because you didn't reach out you won't get selected.

Back
Top Bottom