TSEW (Car rentals?)

Bilt2spl

When I was at RTF a few people staying also for TSEW had mentioned getting a rental car provided by their facilities?
Anybody have more info on this whether that's valid for people just going to TSEW?

In the same time it took to make this post, CTRL+F on the CBA would have returned Article 96 for your perusal.

View attachment 3147
There is no consistency across the agency on how travel days or rental cars work for rtf tsew etc. Saw a person from NY drive and get 1 travel day and someone from florida get 3. If I chose to fly a rental car would come out of my own pocket yet someone from another region was given one.

It all depends on what your travel authorization says. Ask you ATM to approve a rental car or ask for the travel time to drive your POV. My atm said no to both so I got one day of travel each way.

If it’s centrally funded, as is RTF and TSEW, then no car rental. My Article 96 grievance wasn’t approved and I went for both in March from Florida....

I found a hotel that comp’d a car with the reservation when I went for RTF. Can’t remember which one.

The article stipulates a rental car for a temp posting of 2 weeks or more. Seems pretty black and white to me. A guy from here got one on the govt credit card to go to RTF/TSEW/TETRA

The problem is there are regions approving it.
That’s the regions issue. There was a facility in my same district that approved rentals but mine didn’t. I was told facilities can approve it if their “budgets” allow it but I know it’ll cause a lot of issues.

The South Florida district was approving them for one or more of their large facilities until recently (this year) when some dude ruined it

Heading out for TSEW in March and my facility won't give me a rental car either. It's either fly and hitchhike around or drive my car 20 hours from my facility.

Wut do.

Back
Top Bottom