Virtual On-boarding and Online Basics

How long does it take to swear in? I know I have to stand in front of my camera when I swear in but like 1. Does everyone swear in separately or do we all do it at once? 2. Do I have to read off a paragraph stating that I swear in or is it only a sentence? 3. Why does it say that swearing in takes like 4 hours lol
Swear in day at the academy they give you a bunch of paperwork and briefings to do.

How long does it take to swear in? I know I have to stand in front of my camera when I swear in but like 1. Does everyone swear in separately or do we all do it at once? 2. Do I have to read off a paragraph stating that I swear in or is it only a sentence? 3. Why does it say that swearing in takes like 4 hours lol
My online on boarding was as a group, all at once. Had to read the entire paragraph, just repeated after the instructor. Took <2 mins.

But the entire on boarding process took about 2.5 hours

The whole on boarding thing takes about 3-4 hours. Everyone swears in together and they will put the swear-in statement on the screen and you will raise your hand and repeat after the host.

The whole on boarding thing takes about 3-4 hours. Everyone swears in together and they will put the swear-in statement on the screen and you will raise your hand and repeat after the host.
We all talk at once? Won’t that sound like a cluster of gibberish if we’re all speaking haha

Swearing in is only about two minutes, the rest of the hour is going over signing up for health insurance, life insurance, Thrift Savings Plan, etc. The second hour was going over basic HR stuff like don't show up drunk to work, don't text while you're driving a government vehicle. Ours didn't go much longer past the 2 hour mark.

I'm guessing you're en route? I'm terminal, finished basics last week and was given a tentative date of early October

Congrats on finishing! What's the daily schedule like, while waiting for OKC classes to start? I've read that it's 3 hours of Zoom and otherwise self-study. Are these set hours every day?

Congrats on finishing! What's the daily schedule like, while waiting for OKC classes to start? I've read that it's 3 hours of Zoom and otherwise self-study. Are these set hours every day?
Yeah! So after basics we go into the virtual initial overview class and we were given the option of either attending an 8am-11:00am CST class or 11:30am-2:30pm CST class and then have 5 hours of self-study on our own. Some other previous classes said they were only given a day off in between basics and the overview but my class had exactly a week off.

Yeah! So after basics we go into the virtual initial overview class and we were given the option of either attending an 8am-11:00am CST class or 11:30am-2:30pm CST class and then have 5 hours of self-study on our own. Some other previous classes said they were only given a day off in between basics and the overview but my class had exactly a week off.
Thanks so much for the info! Do they even check in with you after your self-study? Are you technically free during that time?

Thanks so much for the info! Do they even check in with you after your self-study? Are you technically free during that time?
No they haven't checked in with us yet during our self-study time, but we literally just had our first day on Friday so idk if that will change. I guess we technically are free during that time but I would be careful if you do go out and do something during that self-study time. They've mentioned quite a bit about how quickly we can get fired during this part of training

Back
Top Bottom