Virtual On-boarding and Online Basics

Have you guys seen any virtual classes get postponed yet?

I ask because as soon as I get my call for a class date, I’m immediately putting in my two weeks at my current job. It’s a really good job though so I don’t want to quit and then two days before my class date I find out that the class gets postponed

Last edited:

I ask because as soon as I get my call, I’m immediately putting in my two weeks at my current job. It’s a really good job though so I don’t want to quit and then two days before my class date I find out that the class gets postponed
Oof maybe just wait for the academy to reopen and bank money till then.

I ask because as soon as I get my call for a class date, I’m immediately putting in my two weeks at my current job. It’s a really good job though so I don’t want to quit and then two days before my class date I find out that the class gets postponed

I would wait to quit. When I got the call with the date, it was 3 weeks until onboarding then 1 month until the class actually started.

I would wait to quit. When I got the call with the date, it was 3 weeks until onboarding then 1 month until the class actually started.
Oh really? I thought on boarding was just what they called the first day of online classes.

leads me to a couple questions I hope you can answer then:

1. what exactly is on boarding?
2. Did you get paid between the time you on boarded and your first class? Or does pay not start until day 1 of classes

Oh really? I thought on boarding was just what they called the first day of online classes.

leads me to a couple questions I hope you can answer then:

1. what exactly is on boarding?
2. Did you get paid between the time you on boarded and your first class? Or does pay not start until day 1 of classes
It’s when your sworn in to be a gov employee and do initial hire documents.
you get paid in between.

It’s when your sworn in to be a gov employee and do initial hire documents.
you get paid in between.
Ah that’s not bad then. I’m not strapped for cash at all, I just didn’t want to quit my job and then have my on boarding get pushed back a year for whatever reason the faa may have, thus leaving me without a job for a suuper long time

Ah that’s not bad then. I’m not strapped for cash at all, I just didn’t want to quit my job and then have my on boarding get pushed back a year for whatever reason the faa may have, thus leaving me without a job for a suuper long time
Dude don’t quit your job till you actually start class.

Not sure how your job works, but my job will send me a check paying me all of my PTO as soon as I quit. If I move to part time though, I have to use it before I switch.
Some states this is required. Others it isn’t. The company policies seem to fall in line with the law.

Received my clearances at the beginning of April and received the call today with the option to virtually onboard for enroute basics beginning July 27th which I accepted.
Did your HR rep give you one class date option? Someone else on here said their HR rep offered them a class date in September and that was the earliest date they could offer. I received my clearances in June so I’m just curious when I might receive a class date call.

Received my clearances at the beginning of April and received the call today with the option to virtually onboard for enroute basics beginning July 27th which I accepted.
Same. Also onboarding July 27th. Received my clearance on 03/13/2020 though.

Did your HR rep give you one class date option? Someone else on here said their HR rep offered them a class date in September and that was the earliest date they could offer. I received my clearances in June so I’m just curious when I might receive a class date call.
I was only given one option. My HR rep said they’re not scheduling any thing past the end of July. However, if corona gets worse then they will continue on with scheduling into August and so on, but for now they’re waiting to see how it all plays out.

Back
Top Bottom