Virtual On-boarding and Online Basics

Are people who take virtual onboarding essentially getting paid to do nothing until the tablets with Basics on them arrive?

When do you start getting paid the training wage?
My class date is 4/27 and they told me I will get a laptop before then. I'll get sworn in on that day and start getting paid base pay without per diem. Not sure how the pay periods align with that.

So far the online class is “read this section, in 30-45 minutes meet back on zoom to discuss it.....okay time for end of lesson test, let’s discuss what questions the class got wrong.”(Repeat x100). It’s more individual led vs at the academy where it’s instructor led. It’s not bad, just lacking any class camaraderie that you would’ve formed in okc.

So far the online class is “read this section, in 30-45 minutes meet back on zoom to discuss it.....okay time for end of lesson test, let’s discuss what questions the class got wrong.”(Repeat x100). It’s more individual led vs at the academy where it’s instructor led. It’s not bad, just lacking any class camaraderie that you would’ve formed in okc.
that’s bad. Focus on the objectives. And make sure you really review the end of lesson tests and the block tests. If your getting below 90 on the block tests then you aren’t ready.

Are all the sessions live and mandatory, Monday-Friday, and all scheduled with central time?

How many people are in a class? Would make more sense for the FAA to stagger some dates and start virtual all at the same time to shove 3 hiring dates together

Live Monday-Friday, attendance is mandatory. Times depend somewhat on what time zone you're in but morning start roughly. Similar class size to before it would seem.

Back
Top Bottom