Virtual On-boarding and Online Basics

They very easily could have removed some of the option(terminal/en route) specific material from basics. True basics should really only be about 3 weeks.

How is it condensed that much, if it regularly takes weeks to study and know the material for the final test?
There is A LOT of extra time in Basics at the Academy. It may not fit some people’s learning styles, but condensing the course and allowing people to do it from the comfort of their homes is much more convenient. Honestly, given the materials and access to someone who can answer questions I would not be surprised if most people could pass the Basics final exam in a work week.

Is the virtual on-boarding and online basics still optional or are they making it mandatory?
It's still voluntary but looking at how many classes are literally doing online it looks like you could be delayed for 5+ months if you don't take it considering that June classes are going to be virtually onboarded.

It's still voluntary but looking at how many classes are literally doing online it looks like you could be delayed for 5+ months if you don't take it considering that June classes are going to be virtually onboarded.
Has anyone taken the test yet? Wondering what the pass rate is going to be.

Is this only for those people who were sent home from the academy or are people who have not even been hired yet being given this option?

Is this only for those people who were sent home from the academy or are people who have not even been hired yet being given this option?
Everyone is being given this option as long as they have a signed FOL. If you didn't sign an FOL then you have to wait. As your class date approaches you should ask your rep if you'll get the option as well.

Another question I have is is this only for basics, and after it's complete then you still have to go to Oklahoma city for the rest of the class or is everything being done online?

Finally passed my MMPI TIER 2 and got full medical clearance about a month before the OKC shutdowns. Never received a FOL. Although the online basics is for people who have received one I’m hoping that this online basics option may soon get extended to people like me who have been medically cleared but not received an FOL.

Question though - I’m a 2018 OTS applicant. Would you guys recommend I take online basics it given the opportunity? Seeing that im off the street and have no prior experience makes me think I should just wait to do basics at OKC, because I might not learn as well sitting at home on my computer. However online basics would give me a large boost in seniority.

Finally passed my MMPI TIER 2 and got full medical clearance about a month before the OKC shutdowns. Never received a FOL. Although the online basics is for people who have received one I’m hoping that this online basics option may soon get extended to people like me who have been medically cleared but not received an FOL.

Question though - I’m a 2018 OTS applicant. Would you guys recommend I take online basics it given the opportunity? Seeing that im off the street and have no prior experience makes me think I should just wait to do basics at OKC, because I might not learn as well sitting at home on my computer. However online basics would give me a large boost in seniority.

Take online basics. The boost in seniority could make a massive difference in your career. I was 3 days ahead of someone at my facility which resulted in me going to an area where I'll certify a year or more ahead of people who started at the same time as me.

Additionally basics is basic for a reason. Half of what you learn won't even apply. As long as you have the discipline to study and pass the tests which aren't difficult then I'd say take basics at home.

Everyone is being given this option as long as they have a signed FOL. If you didn't sign an FOL then you have to wait. As your class date approaches you should ask your rep if you'll get the option as well.

Just letting everybody know, I just got offered a spot in the June 11th online basics class. Didn't have an FOL before this, so either they're starting to offer it to everybody now, or they ran out of people with already completed FOLs and are having to resort to new people.

Take online basics. The boost in seniority could make a massive difference in your career. I was 3 days ahead of someone at my facility which resulted in me going to an area where I'll certify a year or more ahead of people who started at the same time as me.

Additionally basics is basic for a reason. Half of what you learn won't even apply. As long as you have the discipline to study and pass the tests which aren't difficult then I'd say take basics at home.
Do what you think is best for you. Your seniority won't matter if you don't pass anyway.

Just letting everybody know, I just got offered a spot in the June 11th online basics class. Didn't have an FOL before this, so either they're starting to offer it to everybody now, or they ran out of people with already completed FOLs and are having to resort to new people.

This makes me happy to hear, as I never received an FOL either. Do you know when you received medical clearance? I was cleared 03/13/2020. I’m hoping you were cleared relatively close to me. Then maybe that’d mean I might be getting a date soon

Back
Top Bottom