Virtual On-boarding and Online Basics

Ok, here’s a dumb question from a guy awaiting a class date/FOL. What’s virtual on boarding vs online basics? Thnx

If you select online basics you will be virtually on boarded. On boarding is completed your first day of basics. It refers to the HR paperwork and formalities that need to be covered before becoming a federal employee.

If you select online basics you will be virtually on boarded. On boarding is completed your first day of basics. It refers to the HR paperwork and formalities that need to be covered before becoming a federal employee.
Online on boarding may actually end up being more organized. My class literally sat around waiting for 20 mins our first day because nobody could find an American flag to swear us in on.

Online on boarding may actually end up being more organized. My class literally sat around waiting for 20 mins our first day because nobody could find an American flag to swear us in on.
Do you think they just change the zoom background to an American flag?

Question for anybody who is doing this: Were we supposed to start getting pay/benefits the day of on boarding or the day of class?

I was offered 7/15 last Friday which I declined last week. Gonna wait for in person basics
I might’ve already asked you and I apologize if so, but when did you receive medical clearance?

Ive been watching people get offered classes and it looks like it’s going in order of medical clearance date. If you got asked last Friday I assume you received your clearance late February / early March?

Ive been watching people get offered classes and it looks like it’s going in order of medical clearance date. If you got asked last Friday I assume you received your clearance late February / early March?
I got my clearance at the very end of March and was called for a date at the beginning of May. I'm not sure there's any rhyme or reason to it.

I got my clearance at the very end of March and was called for a date at the beginning of May. I'm not sure there's any rhyme or reason to it.
Noooooooooooooooooooo. Dammit.

At first they were only scheduling online classes for people who had received FOLs / OKC class dates before corona cancelled everything. Then I saw a guy post saying he received a call for an online class date but didn’t previously get an FOL / class date before corona hit - so we believed that they finally rescheduled everyone who had been affected and that they could now move on to everyone else who was awaiting a date before corona hit.

Well within the next few days a bunch of other people started commenting saying they were getting calls too. Everyone was saying they got medically cleared early February. Then people started saying mid February. Then late February. Then early March. It seemed like they were giving virtual class dates based on date of medical clearance. Normally the faa has no rhyme or reason to their hiring process but this time it actually seemed to be in order. Maybe it was just coincidence. Hope not though ?

Edit: I’m a July 2018 applicant btw, for what it’s worth.

I’m starting to wonder if getting a virtual class date is still is based on medical clearance date, but also based on how quick your HR Rep is & how many other applicants are in your region that they have to schedule as well.

im in Great Lakes region. Northern Ohio to be specific

I’m starting to wonder if getting a virtual class date is still is based on medical clearance date, but also based on how quick your HR Rep is & how many other applicants are in your region that they have to schedule as well.

im in Great Lakes region. Northern Ohio to be specific
I think you are correct to a certain extent, but you're trying to solve a math equation with half of it covered up.

I know they go in order of clearance. I don't think it's specifically Medical but I imagine Medical takes the longest and is usually last. It's most likely when you get all your Clearances. But how many people get cleared each day changes and we can't know those numbers. We are 2 days apart and there could be 15 people between us.

Either way, you're in my friend. I know it's hard to sit on the water and wait for the wave but just prepare yourself to ride it when it comes. For now, enjoy your time on the water.

I'm just sitting here hoping my turning down the online classes and telling them I'd wait for the school to reopen didn't totally screw my chances at getting this job....

The HR rep told me I couldn't work a second job during the week and I believed her at first, but now that I think about it I know that has to be wrong. How can they control what you do outside your working hours?

Back
Top Bottom