What does a typical CPC party look like?

At a 45-ish person tower we have seen and done combined checkout parties the past few years and they are always well attended. Usually all the new CPCs in the last year will rent out a spot at a brewery and get food/ beer for a few hours.

All the solo/ 2 person checkout parties are usually combined housewarming parties and it’s like a big cookout with all kinds of alcohol.

I did a house party for mine, also got both my instructors a bottle of JW blue, something they will actually hopefully remember lol.

23 replies and nobody bothered to answer the question...

A typical CPC party consists of anywhere between 4 and 6 people taking up different roles in support of each other.

First you have your guy (or girl) that likes to work the sector that nobody else likes, and will pass to stay in that position.
Might call for a D-side occasionally, but has enough skill to get himself out of a situation. We call him the "tank".

Next you have a guy who thinks they are hot shit, but will tube themselves with 3 planes landing at the same uncontrolled airport.
Definitely needs a D-side. We call him the "floor tank"

Then you have a couple guys who just run through the break list normally and don't normally need a D-side unless the sector goes red.
We call them the "DPS".

Finally you have the D-side who not only supports their sector, but will also point out to approaches for neighboring sectors and answer any lines for airspace going hot.
We call them the "healer".

Oh yeah, occasionally you'll have a supe who... does things...? We call him the "spoony bard".

Definitely a nice gesture but JW Blue is so overrated.... especially for that price. Lol
Broooo very true. I fucking love scotch, and try glasses of something top shelf before buying. Blue is one I only got once because it def ISN'T worth it.

Mmmmm, scotch.

Definitely single malts that are around 100 that are better. And for around 200 the balvenie 21 kicks the shit out of it.
I got one trainer some Macallan 18. Other guy liked cheap Crown so he got a lot of it lol.

High roller! Love macallan though I do think it’s a bit overpriced.
LOVE Oban the most myself but I'll drink anything really. Paid only 50/bottle for 14 when I was in the Southwest. IL wants 100 for it. Cant justify it. Was in WI for holidays and found it for 61, also a 18yr for 108. Score.

LOVE Oban the most myself but I'll drink anything really. Paid only 50/bottle for 14 when I was in the Southwest. IL wants 100 for it. Cant justify it. Was in WI for holidays and found it for 61, also a 18yr for 108. Score.
Oban little bay is one of my favorite “affordable” scotches. I haven’t been able to find it lately but it’s usually around 60-80 bucks when I have.

Oban little bay is one of my favorite “affordable” scotches. I haven’t been able to find it lately but it’s usually around 60-80 bucks when I have.
Yep got that too. Gonna open it maaaybe tonight, but prlly mon night. Lil blue case, think it was 45.

I'm more of a bourbon man but I've been dipping my toes in scotch a bit the last couple years. Balvenie double wood has become my go to, the glenmorangie sherry cask stuff is excellent, and lagavulin (16 I think) I liked a lot too, but thats about as much peat as I want.

Personal opinion but I think they all pale in comparison to many bourbons at same price point, or some cheaper bottles.

I'm more of a bourbon man but I've been dipping my toes in scotch a bit the last couple years. Balvenie double wood has become my go to, the glenmorangie sherry cask stuff is excellent, and lagavulin (16 I think) I liked a lot too, but thats about as much peat as I want.

Personal opinion but I think they all pale in comparison to many bourbons at same price point, or some cheaper bottles.
Glenfiddich 14yr Bourbon Barrel Reserve is an excellent Scotch/Bourbon cross IMHO. I think it runs around $45-65 depending upon local markup/taxes but punches above that price. I think the last bottle I bought here in IN was $55 at Costco.

We just did sushi and a dive bar after I checked out with my trainers and other friends. Turned into a true degenerate night

Back
Top Bottom