What exactly can I use Change of Station for (I’m already CPC)

FlightOfTheShortGuy

Trusted Contributor
Hello. Just wondering about Change of Station that I have available. I know in the contract it says no house hunting, but what else besides a vacation can it not be used for? My ATM seems to ask for proof with these things so I want to make sure I get it right.

Solution
Tell the ATM you’re moving boxes from storage to your home, you’re waiting for a fridge to be delivered, whatever. It shall be granted, regardless of their request for justification. Have your rep handle it if they argue, and then grieve it if they give you issues.

The house hunting thing is also not accurate. That’s saying it’s not included in time allowed for house hunting (which most stations don’t award/regular controller transfers).
Tell the ATM you’re moving boxes from storage to your home, you’re waiting for a fridge to be delivered, whatever. It shall be granted, regardless of their request for justification. Have your rep handle it if they argue, and then grieve it if they give you issues.

The house hunting thing is also not accurate. That’s saying it’s not included in time allowed for house hunting (which most stations don’t award/regular controller transfers).

Solution
You have to wait for the cable guy, but he's meeting you at the nearest beach so I guess you'll have to wait at the nearest beach for him to set up your cable.

Hello. Just wondering about Change of Station that I have available. I know in the contract it says no house hunting, but what else besides a vacation can it not be used for? My ATM seems to ask for proof with these things so I want to make sure I get it right.
The contract does not say no house hunting. Very common misconception by management. You can 100% request change of station and put the reason “house hunting”.

House hunting leave is a different thing. This doesn't mean you can't house hunt on change of station leave, just that the 64 hours change of station is not to take away from your house hunting leave.

Art 58

Section 4. House-hunting trips, not to exceed ten (10) calendar days, and
reimbursement for associated expenses shall be authorized when the
following conditions exist:
a. the employee is authorized relocation benefits for a permanent
change of station (PCS) in accordance with the FAATP and this
Agreement;
b. both the old and new official stations are located within a non-
foreign area;
c. the employee is not assigned to government or other pre-arranged
housing at the new official station; and
d. the old and new official stations are seventy-five (75) or more
miles apart (as measured by map distance) via a usually traveled
surface route

Art 29

Section 4. Up to sixty-four (64) hours of excused absence, as requested by
the employee, shall be granted for arrangements incident to a change in the
employee's official post of duty, including initial assignments, and upon
completion of initial qualifications training, regardless of whether or not
the residence is being relocated. Excused absence may be granted up to
two (2) years from the effective date of the permanent change of official
post of duty. Employees may be required to provide justification for the
use of this time. This Section is not inclusive of any time provided for
"house hunting.”

Last edited:
In my building COS is most commonly used for attending a professional sports game or concert, creating a 3 or 4day weekend so you can fly somewhere, boys (or girls) night out at the bar, or golf. Sometimes they use it for boating, hiking or any other outdoor leisure.

Back
Top Bottom