You know what really grinds my gears...

It accrues up to 250(?) hours. You’ll be able to bid all your days no problem, just possibly not in the dates you were hoping for
240 hours is the number you're thinking, but it's not a cap. 240 is the most that be rolled over into the next leave-year.
It accrues basically up to 448 hours possible (except in cases like shutdowns where they can roll over more than 240 hours in some cases.)
240 rollover, then if you don't use any that year and are earning 8 hours per pay period, you earn another 208 hours.
I used annual leave pretty sparingly until I got up to that 240hr mark somewhere in my 5th year. Now I treat 240 mostly like my 0 number.

240 hours is the number you're thinking, but it's not a cap. 240 is the most that be rolled over into the next leave-year.
It accrues basically up to 448 hours possible (except in cases like shutdowns where they can roll over more than 240 hours in some cases.)
240 rollover, then if you don't use any that year and are earning 8 hours per pay period, you earn another 208 hours.
I used annual leave pretty sparingly until I got up to that 240hr mark somewhere in my 5th year. Now I treat 240 mostly like my 0 number.
Fuck I treat zero like my zero number.

I would probably have an aggressive shortage of fucks if the FAA up and took away my pension, too lol

They knew that going into the job. Airlines are risky businesses that supposedly have razor thin margins and when the big wigs aren't happy we'll just declare BK and we don't have to pay any of those pesky pensions...

They knew that going into the job. Airlines are risky businesses that supposedly have razor thin margins and when the big wigs aren't happy we'll just declare BK and we don't have to pay any of those pesky pensions...

Im sure you’ll appreciate someone telling you you knew the risks when Congress decides to take away our pensions, or not pay us for 35+ days

Im sure you’ll appreciate someone telling you you knew the risks when Congress decides to take away our pensions, or not pay us for 35+ days

Seriously ??? I've been through all the shutdowns over the past 10 years. I never said it was fair sure they got boned but they can redirect that anger back towards the employer that boned them.

Im sure that our benefits will continue to be attacked but at least I know that the good ol us govt will just keep borrowing / printing money and I'll keep getting a paycheck / retirement.

Back
Top Bottom