Current CPC % to Target
-
Projected CPC % to Target
-

Updated --/--/----

Operational Info​

Local Area​

External Links​

Anybody at ZNY know how/if you can set up a visit? I work oceanic comms across the street, just got picked up for enroute, but never ventured over before. Thought about calling the listed number posted on here, but wasn't sure if that was the right way to do it.

Let me know if it's a good idea, or a pain in the ass for you guys haha

Last edited:
Always tour. Always. Even though you're from there you could walk in, talk to guys, see the environment and it could immediately confirm that this is where you want to end up or... you could see all that, and hate it and know you can cross it off your list. Every tour I've ever been on has been an eye opening experience. As far as setting up a tour, I always go straight to the top with the ATM and/or the facilities NATCA rep. I've never had an ATM or rep not email me back, but maybe that's a minority. Anyway... I'll PM you their contact info.

Always tour. Always. Even though you're from there you could walk in, talk to guys, see the environment and it could immediately confirm that this is where you want to end up or... you could see all that, and hate it and know you can cross it off your list. Every tour I've ever been on has been an eye opening experience. As far as setting up a tour, I always go straight to the top with the ATM and/or the facilities NATCA rep. I've never had an ATM or rep not email me back, but maybe that's a minority. Anyway... I'll PM you their contact info.

Awesome, thanks again!

I actually live like 10 minutes away from here, and I should be heading down to OKC soon for the academy once my clearances all check out. So, you guys think that it is a good idea to tour the facility beforehand? Just send them an email explaining my situation and see what they can do? Thanks for the help, love the wealth of knowledge that I have received from this website.

I actually live like 10 minutes away from here, and I should be heading down to OKC soon for the academy once my clearances all check out. So, you guys think that it is a good idea to tour the facility beforehand? Just send them an email explaining my situation and see what they can do? Thanks for the help, love the wealth of knowledge that I have received from this website.
I think ZNY is still one of the facilities you can go to regardless (could be wrong) wouldn’t be a bad idea to tour the facility.

It depends on what's on your list and where your finish in your class. ZNY has been pretty common on the lists though, and most people don't want to go there. So you'd have a pretty good chance.
Yeah absolutely. Asking for one of my friends. He’s from that area and wants to stay in the area. I told him that they’re always taking people. He was just curious, in the event it’s not on his list, since they frequently put holds on academy new hires to ZNY, would he be able to request it.

Yeah absolutely. Asking for one of my friends. He’s from that area and wants to stay in the area. I told him that they’re always taking people. He was just curious, in the event it’s not on his list, since they frequently put holds on academy new hires to ZNY, would he be able to request it.
He can possibly request it, but nothing is guaranteed.

ZNY is a great place to work. Spent 14 yers there. Above posts are very on point. Put your face to the name. It always is a positive.

are they taking trainees, I start online basic 12/32/21.
You can check the en route placement list which says ZNY is not taking academy grads. You might be able to get around it if you really want to go there since nobody else does.

Also, what timeline are you in with a Dec 32 class date?

You can check the en route placement list which says ZNY is not taking academy grads. You might be able to get around it if you really want to go there since nobody else does.

Also, what timeline are you in with a Dec 32 class date?
Basic 12/23/21- 1/21/22
Academy 1/31/22- 4/23/22

Back
Top Bottom