2023 ARTCC Traffic Counts

So be it, it seems like certain people don’t like the data being out there. 40-60 ops a day lol what a joke. Oh but they are more complex lmao.
Idk how many times people have to tell you the planes are only counted once per artcc. So ZOA would get 1 count for working a plane for 12 hours

Idk how many times people have to tell you the planes are only counted once per artcc. So ZOA would get 1 count for working a plane for 12 hours
That's holding over an arrival fix changing altitudes vfr for a photo mission.

Tower flowers-i had to give a go around one time

So be it, it seems like certain people don’t like the data being out there. 40-60 ops a day lol what a joke. Oh but they are more complex lmao.
You realize majority of those airplanes are worked by numerous controllers within the facility right? 1 plane may talk to 5 or 6 controllers within 1 center. So your simple math that doesn’t even remotely work.

You realize majority of those airplanes are worked by numerous controllers within the facility right? 1 plane may talk to 5 or 6 controllers within 1 center. So your simple math that doesn’t even remotely work.
Also who does he thinks works the tower airspace he works when the tower closes for the night?

It’s more about operations per person and the level salary for those operations. When there are a lot lower levels working a shit ton more ops individually getting paid way less.

It’s more about operations per person and the level salary for those operations. When there are a lot lower levels working a shit ton more ops individually getting paid way less.
Wasn't someone just arguing that touch and go's counting double is a joke? It's almost as if looking at just ops numbers doesn't tell the entire story of what a facility does and doesn't do.

How many ops you working a day and what level? If you’re so concerned about people putting data out there.
9,000 count days are the norm where I work. Let’s say 90% of the daily traffic is between 8am and 8pm local. So 8100 during the day or 675 ops per hour divided among 6 areas with avg 5 sectors open in each. That means about 20 aircraft on frequency at any given time during the day, which sounds about right. Of course the reality is it’s sometimes more sometimes less, but you can start to see why your insistence we only work 40 airplanes a day is laughable. Can’t speak for the entire country but the Florida Zs are no joke.

Also who does he thinks works the tower airspace he works when the tower closes for the night?
Wait…centers are open 24 hours?
I’m not arguing people who get paid less work harder than me. I don’t doubt it at some places.

I’m arguing how you’re counting traffic. By your math I average 48 ops a day at a level 12. Which is absolutely laughable. My busiest daily sessions will have 20 plus planes on frequency at a time. So I’ll hit 48 ops in about 15 minutes give or take depending on the sector and type of traffic. Mind you I’m not even in the busiest area at my center.

I kept a tally of today’s shift. During my 6 hours on position I said:

- “Jax Center Roger” 312 times
- “Contact ________” 312 times
- “Last aircraft calling center say again” 17 times
- “For traffic, turn 10 degrees left” 3 times

Thankfully mid-level Tower guy held down the NAS and it afforded me the time to scan my sector equipment for yellow alerts.

I kept a tally of today’s shift. During my 6 hours on position I said:

- “Jax Center Roger” 312 times
- “Contact ________” 312 times
- “Last aircraft calling center say again” 17 times
- “For traffic, turn 10 degrees left” 3 times

Thankfully mid-level Tower guy held down the NAS and it afforded me the time to scan my sector equipment for yellow alerts.
What do these numbers look like with cpdlc

What do these numbers look like with cpdlc
Lots of people don’t bother. It only helps when I need to ship one while vectoring

9,000 count days are the norm where I work. Let’s say 90% of the daily traffic is between 8am and 8pm local. So 8100 during the day or 675 ops per hour divided among 6 areas with avg 5 sectors open in each. That means about 20 aircraft on frequency at any given time during the day, which sounds about right. Of course the reality is it’s sometimes more sometimes less, but you can start to see why your insistence we only work 40 airplanes a day is laughable. Can’t speak for the entire country but the Florida Zs are no joke.
You deserve a raise. They should be fighting harder on abacus

Back
Top Bottom