2020 January pay raise.

If he didn’t make his own recommendation, locality pay increases of 24.01%, worth about $24 billion in the first year, would have kicked in at the start of 2020."

That locality thing is proposed every year tho, and everyone knows there is 0% chance of locality going up 24% as certain salary councils always propose. That wouldnt even happen if Bernie Sanders won. Well... maybe it would in Houston and Oakland :lol:

It seems like at least once a month someone within my facility has the private vs public sector job debate. It's hard to have an honest discussion because most have very little, or none at all, actually work experience in the private sector. Most draw on personal experience, so yes at the age of 40 your job is better than when you were 25. Many career fields have just as good or better benefits and salaries, (remember not everyone is knocking down 12 pay). Really the only benefit we have that is overwhelming better than most is our early retirement/pension. If we lose that as a workforce I really don't know why anyone would want to go into this career field.

Really the only benefit we have that is overwhelming better than most is our early retirement/pension. If we lose that as a workforce I really don't know why anyone would want to go into this career field.

True that I can really only draw on personal experience. Personally, I don't know what I could be doing for this amount of money other than ATC. I have a HS diploma and a few college courses under my belt, along with some brief retail supervisory experience. Who's gonna hire me? Mickey Ds? And from what I hear, you can pay 100K for an education and still make half what we do.

Out of all of my friends and close family that I grew up with only one can touch our career. He is pretty close, just missing the pension. Pay, benefits, hours etc.

The ability to transfer to so many different places in the same company. (Yes the process sucks right now). A lot of people hate the shift work but I love it. Banker hours would be the worst. You generally only have to wake up to an alarm for work two or three days a week. And one of those is probably a mid shift!

I was making about 40k more in the private sector, worse benefits though. Best thing in this field though is I no longer have to be management to get good pay, other peoples issue arent mine anymore, and 12-14 hour workdays are dead for me. Actually get to enjoy time off and be with my family.

2nd best part is letting the tower call for OT go to voicemail because I dont have to answer it.

3.1% Raise now a virtual lock....

Oh Also Christmas Eve is a holiday too. HO HO HO ! MAGA Christmas!

p.s. when do the new locality rates typically come out!? Im hoping San Jose and Hosuton gets at least a 5% bump so as to be able to afford ramen noodles!

I have a cold so I got some ramen today. I'd eat this shit every day if it didn't cause my arteries to turn to stone. So yummy.

I'm sayin... You know how the AF gets that "substandard living condition" pay diff... Yeah how about substandard working procedures / conditions in the faa. If your procedures are from the 1990's and you still have a drop tube... Diff pay!

I'm sayin... You know how the AF gets that "substandard living condition" pay diff... Yeah how about substandard working procedures / conditions in the faa. If your procedures are from the 1990's and you still have a drop tube... Diff pay!

I want some of that special N90 25% OJTI pay...

errrrr 20% CIP?

its so ahrd to keep up w the scams!

Back
Top Bottom