2020 January pay raise.

Locality pay rates are out!

Hot off the presses

I wonder what the Executive Schedule level 2 (Max Cap) is going up by? It was 189,600 in 2018, and it’s was 192,300 in 2019...

It kind of sucks for those people at high levels and high locality facilities where they cap out quick and get less of a raise, ZOA, N90, ZNY....

On the other hand, since I’m at a facility that won’t reach it, unless you are a supervisor, It narrows the gap between their pay and mine...

I wonder what the Executive Schedule level 2 (Max Cap) is going up by? It was 189,600 in 2018, and it’s was 192,300 in 2019...

It kind of sucks for those people at high levels and high locality facilities where they cap out quick and get less of a raise, ZOA, N90, ZNY....

On the other hand, since I’m at a facility that won’t reach it, unless you are a supervisor, It narrows the gap between their pay and mine...

You don’t cap out quick. I’ve been at N90 for 5 years and will probably never hit the cap.

Its not a popular opinion but I think in many cases FLMs should make less than controllers. They do far less and actually not much managing. The NATCA rep is really the de facto manager who gets things done at many facilities! Its also really annoying to hear sups bitch about pay too.

Those poor souls at the federal salary cap! Most controllers won’t hit the cap unless they were able to take advantage of loop holes or bounced around in a very efficient manner. For example moving from 12 to a 10 and back up for the 8% raise or the loop hole a couple years back where people got 50% on the go, 50% when the new year rolled over, and 50% on certification. Had a guy go from a 7 to a 12 and get in this loop hole. That put him 25k over the band base when he certified.

Nobody cares about management. For the most part they run around and give each other jobs to get pay raises. Nobody does it to better the agency any more. All about checking boxes and moving up.

Its not a popular opinion but I think in many cases FLMs should make less than controllers. They do far less and actually not much managing. The NATCA rep is really the de facto manager who gets things done at many facilities! Its also really annoying to hear sups bitch about pay too.

They do more than TMC's...

Those poor souls at the federal salary cap! Most controllers won’t hit the cap unless they were able to take advantage of loop holes or bounced around in a very efficient manner. For example moving from 12 to a 10 and back up for the 8% raise or the loop hole a couple years back where people got 50% on the go, 50% when the new year rolled over, and 50% on certification. Had a guy go from a 7 to a 12 and get in this loop hole. That put him 25k over the band base when he certified.

Nobody cares about management. For the most part they run around and give each other jobs to get pay raises. Nobody does it to better the agency any more. All about checking boxes and moving up.
Of course no one gives a fuck about facility jumpers or loophole abusers.

However, you can cap out at ZOA in less than 16 years doing nothing but working as a CPC. Where the locality is already the least representative of the actual cost of living, you can't even hit the top of your own pay band. The reward for working at chronically understaffed facilities for the last half of your career? Getting a pay cut relative the cost of living because of some arbitrary rule. Oh yea, why are they chronically understaffed again?

I'm sure it is similar in NY.

The entire system is broken for all federal employees. The caps (GS scale caps as well for other feds) are based on the executive schedule, which only ever receives the base increase, not any kind of locality. As years go by, the executive schedule levels have fallen farther and farther behind the actual cost of living, as they receive 0 locality increase. What needs to be done is: A- increase the entire executive schedule like 20+% at least to catch it up to where it should be in the first place (based on DC locality, since most of the ES positions are based there), then B- convert/reduce it to some kind of basic pay cap, not a total pay cap so locality never comes in to play in the first place. Then everyone has their own band min/max and can reach the top eventually, just like it's supposed to be. I have zero faith this will ever happen.

I see what you’re saying now. I never noticed the high locality facility’s cap is at the federal cap. You’re about 5.5k short of the base difference. That is some BS for sure.

987C6352-2594-4C87-9B07-FF0F87511CDA.png

Pretty sure this is a stupid question but you still make your differentials on top of the 192,300 right? They don't just stop paying you at that mark right? haha

Pretty sure this is a stupid question but you still make your differentials on top of the 192,300 right? They don't just stop paying you at that mark right? haha

You keep making all differentials, just doesn't count towards "high 3". which is how at some facilities like N90 (et al) for years have had many in the "300 club" and nowadays sometimes the 400 club. 34% Locality, 25% CIP, unlimited OT, etcccccc. , make all things possible. Who needs the Spartans, there are other 300 clubs with much easier work!

You keep making all differentials, just doesn't count towards "high 3". which is how at some facilities like N90 (et al) for years have had many in the "300 club" and nowadays sometimes the 400 club. 34% Locality, 25% CIP, unlimited OT, etcccccc. , make all things possible. Who needs the Spartans, there are other 300 clubs with much easier work!

View attachment 3262
What if you work at N90 and have a 6 Pack?

Back
Top Bottom