2023 Convention Amendments

I personally would never blackball anyone that gets involved in the process even if I totally disagree with their ideas. Anyone wanting to get involved and putting forward new ideas will always be welcome in my book.
*Looks at the last 12 years* but yeah fwiw, I agree with you however the reality is starkly different.

Seniority proposal includes military buyback time? A2307?

I mean those of us it benefits heck yeah but this will stir up some stuff

So what do we ask for going into our next contract negotiation? (Assuming we get a choice or even a new contract negotiation)

I mean there are plenty of things we could ask for but I'm just saying PATCO was idiotic and asked for far too much. They got greedy and they got fired.

PATCO asked for a 32hr work week AND about $10,000 pay raise for controllers (who at the time were making ($20k to 50k per year). So they expected a 20% pay raise for some AND to work less. Come on now, that's crazy. So of course the government said no, the Reagan Administration offered them an 11.3% pay raise which was double what other federal employees got. PATCO said no and went on strike and got fired.

I mean there are plenty of things we could ask for but I'm just saying PATCO was idiotic and asked for far too much. They got greedy and they got fired.

PATCO asked for a 32hr work week AND about $10,000 pay raise for controllers (who at the time were making ($20k to 50k per year). So they expected a 20% pay raise for some AND to work less. Come on now, that's crazy. So of course the government said no, the Reagan Administration offered them an 11.3% pay raise which was double what other federal employees got. PATCO said no and went on strike and got fired.
I understand, but I'm asking if you had the choice right now which would you ask for 32 hr weeks or a pay raise? I would ask for 32 hr weeks (even though it seems impossible rn due to staffing)

Just curious of others feelings on this subject

Unfortunately the problem lies in our own argument. You can't scream that the FAA is severely understaffed and workers are on 6-day work weeks, but then turn around and ask to work less.
Yes you can. Those issues are not mutually exclusive.

1. There are not enough controllers to safely handle traffic in the NAS.
2. Air Traffic Controllers should not be working more than 32 hours a week.

I understand, but I'm asking if you had the choice right now which would you ask for 32 hr weeks or a pay raise? I would ask for 32 hr weeks (even though it seems impossible rn due to staffing)

I'd take the 32 hr work week. I value my free time and my time with family. I know a lot in this career field chase money and will work OT nonstop and more power to them but that's not for me. I was at a contract tower that basically worked 32 hr work weeks and it was amazing.

I'd take the 32 hr work week. I value my free time and my time with family. I know a lot in this career field chase money and will work OT nonstop and more power to them but that's not for me. I was at a contract tower that basically worked 32 hr work weeks and it was amazing.
Why is nobody suggesting a telecommuting day (like almost every other fed agency). You stay updated on maps, 7110 changes, new fbos, catch up on your faa email, can do optional elms for career development and self study. I mean we get 5 minutes to read an 80 page cedar? and get a slight mental break. I mean I'd do it at work on my Friday and feel better for my next ot also.

Why is nobody suggesting a telecommuting day (like almost every other fed agency). You stay updated on maps, 7110 changes, new fbos, catch up on your faa email, can do optional elms for career development and self study. I mean we get 5 minutes to read an 80 page cedar? and get a slight mental break. I mean I'd do it at work on my Friday and feel better for my next ot also.
That’s what I’m saying. Or some mechanism where we can work from home for the rest of our day once they don’t need us. Leaving an hour early before the mid would be so good

32hr work week is a 20% pay raise alone. Even if it passes the union constitution, it still is going to go to collaboration with the FAA, and you guys know how that’s going.

Just give me a 20% raise now, and then when everyone else(private sector) gets on the 4 day work week, we try to get it.

How about unlimited credit hours, or figure out a way to use leave to retire early. I’ll work 6 day work weeks to retire sooner.

The internet one is interesting. It should be mandatory we all have internet at every facility.

lol faa email? Wtf is that?

Half the people here want the union president to to plug in instead of running the union and making the workforce bigger via CRWG changes. You think reducing the operational time of the workforce by 20% is needed/a good idea?

lol faa email? Wtf is that?

Half the people here want the union president to to plug in instead of running the union and making the workforce bigger via CRWG changes. You think reducing the operational time of the workforce by 20% is needed/a good idea?
Idk why people think we need more staffing number everywhere. Most facilities would be swimming in bodies if they ever got to 100. The CRWG is a diversion. I’m sure there some select places that need the number revised. But that should just be happening normally. Anything that would make our QOL better would be a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom