A80/LAX special panel

Not forcing January 18. That's just what they "claim" they were told. I could see them trying to push a date back since at this place they think we are short staffed.

Does anyone know when the 6 month rule applies? If someone was picked up for N90 at a short staffed facility, and someone else wants to go to LAX when would they be able to go?

Does anyone know when the 6 month rule applies? If someone was picked up for N90 at a short staffed facility, and someone else wants to go to LAX when would they be able to go?
I believe the a80/lax mou applies to only those facilities... Whereas n90/c90 mou governs those two facilities... I believe you can only let one to a80 or lax every 6 mos... And one to n90 or C90 every 6 mos... I believe they are independent of each other... But then again I'm not the FAA...

How many of the 28 declined offers from the Sept panel were a80/lax?... How many do y'all think will decline from the special panel?

I know the MOU is good for a year (I think?) but is that mostly for the release dates and return now? Because it seems they got everyone they need between the Sept panel and the special panel. So anyone who has paperwork in now prob won't get picked up there for a long long time I'd imagine...

Just got the call from HR about my TOL. I’m so glad I asked some questions, because she told me my facility would have one year for the release date. I don’t know if she misunderstood the MOU or missed that verbiage or what. But I got it cleared up on the phone and she is rewording my offer letter before she emails it to me. She then said that release must occur by January 7 unless the employee elects to extend it.

Last edited:
I know the MOU is good for a year (I think?) but is that mostly for the release dates and return now? Because it seems they got everyone they need between the Sept panel and the special panel. So anyone who has paperwork in now prob won't get picked up there for a long long time I'd imagine...
MOU is good for the remainder of the slate book. You're right about the window to A80 being just about shut.

Got the FOL today from the special panel. Send a PM if anyone wants to know the details, I was a condition of needing to take a bit of a later date due to family reasons and they gave me what I asked. Good luck to everyone.

I haven’t seen anything on this here, but the minutes from the recent LAX/A80 special NCEPT session said they were going to hold another special session the day before the normal December NCEPT meeting. I find it interesting that they addressed a swap request during this session if memory serves me correctly.

I haven’t seen anything on this here, but the minutes from the recent LAX/A80 special NCEPT session said they were going to hold another special session the day before the normal December NCEPT meeting. I find it interesting that they addressed a swap request during this session if memory serves me correctly.
Why wouldnt the agency do swaps first? It saves them 16 days of relocation and the 50% on the fly pay until certification... And ensures "replacement" of the people from the facilities. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Why wouldnt the agency do swaps first? It saves them 16 days of relocation and the 50% on the fly pay until certification... And ensures "replacement" of the people from the facilities. Seems like a no brainer to me.

Swaps still get change of station leave

I wasn't aware of that... Still a no brainer monetarily and personnel wise.

SWAP is at the sole benefit of the controller. Helps the FAA not at all. I assume most facilities would prefer to gain a person than lose one and have to train their replacement.

As in my case, if they make selections that cancel out swaps, they get movement they want.

Back
Top Bottom