Placement list for 2/17 graduates
ZNY
ZOB
ZID
ZID
ZOA
ZLA

2 ZSU alternates

Their evals are on 2/12 and 2/16 since 2/15 is a holiday.

My husband is in the class. I’m just the active one on here reading and learning as much as I can to be prepared for just about anything. We originally both applied to see what would happen and he got best qualified plus is a veteran. I’m still pending on usajobs from the Jan 2020 bid ?. I do have a completely different career in the tech industry and pretty happy there.

Will keep y’all updated unless someone gets to it before me ?
Hello, I have a question for you, I graduated the academy back in mid October and am in training at ZLA. Could you see if anyone in your husbands class would like to choose ZOB and swap with me?

Would anyone who is currently in training at ZOB swap with me who is currently an AG at ZLA? I have alot of things happening at home and would like to stay closer to home before I would have to move out west

IMO, all of the AGs who’ve been forced to sit at home for the past year should be allowed to do straight swaps. Whatever little amount of training they had completed at their facilities is likely going to have to be re-done now anyways. Isn’t the whole reason straight swaps generally don’t happen because of the time/resources it would take to re-train the transferring employee? That obviously wouldn’t apply here. No reason it couldn’t be done.

IMO, all of the AGs who’ve been forced to sit at home for the past year should be allowed to do straight swaps. Whatever little amount of training they had completed at their facilities is likely going to have to be re-done now anyways. Isn’t the whole reason straight swaps generally don’t happen because of the time/resources it would take to re-train the transferring employee? That obviously wouldn’t apply here. No reason it couldn’t be done.
Swaps don’t happen because of staffing and being unable to release.

Do AGs even count for staffing? You wouldn’t think replacing one person who hasn’t done anything yet with another person who hasn’t done anything wouldn’t make a difference.
In the grand scheme it wouldn’t matter wouldn’t matter. But IMO you would be screwing over all the previous hires that got sent there without a choice and haven’t had a chance to get out. I’m far more interested in getting them where they want to go than AGs who haven’t done anything yet (I know, not your fault Covid etc etc).

But IMO you would be screwing over all the previous hires that got sent there without a choice and haven’t had a chance to get out.

This is you:
ffdfe286ab83aa5ed38cc91de85483062f85afd5.jpg

Obviously no it isn't "fair" but this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for trainees to actually go where they want instead of doing the move across the country, check out, paperwork home dance. The reason people are sent to particular facilities at particular times is that the facility needs people NOW. Well, those people who are needed NOW have been sitting at home with their thumbs up their asses for months on end while new people who are needed at other facilities NOW are doing the same exact thing. AGs are fungible if they haven't started training at their facilities, why not let someone from Minneapolis who got assigned ZME swap with someone from Memphis who got assigned ZMP?

This is you:
View attachment 5916

Obviously no it isn't "fair" but this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for trainees to actually go where they want instead of doing the move across the country, check out, paperwork home dance. The reason people are sent to particular facilities at particular times is that the facility needs people NOW. Well, those people who are needed NOW have been sitting at home with their thumbs up their asses for months on end while new people who are needed at other facilities NOW are doing the same exact thing. AGs are fungible if they haven't started training at their facilities, why not let someone from Minneapolis who got assigned ZME swap with someone from Memphis who got assigned ZMP?
I understand. There is no way to make everyone happy and this would piss off a lot of people. I wouldn’t blame anyone for jumping on it if given the chance (never gonna happen so it’s moot) just like I tell people to hardship if it’s their only way home or out of a bad facility etc. legit or not, I don’t care. Do what you have to do. There is no way to fix the system without people feeling that they were wronged.

Obviously you let the trolley go straight as the sharp corner would derail the car and people inside could be injured. It’s not their fault that AGs were tied to the tracks....

I understand. There is no way to make everyone happy and this would piss off a lot of people. I wouldn’t blame anyone for jumping on it if given the chance (never gonna happen so it’s moot) just like I tell people to hardship if it’s their only way home or out of a bad facility etc. legit or not, I don’t care. Do what you have to do. There is no way to fix the system without people feeling that they were wronged.

Obviously you let the trolley go straight as the sharp corner would derail the car and people inside could be injured. It’s not their fault that AGs were tied to the tracks....
Why would you even care if some AGs swapped that haven’t even started training.

Why would you even care if some AGs swapped that haven’t even started training.
I wouldn’t really. But man if I had a dollar for every time I saw someone transfer to their “forever” facility only to transfer again shortly after certification I’d have about $20! I just care more about taking care of CPCs and people already working certified than I do AGs. I know, imma monster.

I wouldn’t really. But man if I had a dollar for every time I saw someone transfer to their “forever” facility only to transfer again shortly after certification I’d have about $20! I just care more about taking care of CPCs and people already working certified than I do AGs. I know, imma monster.
I’m at my forever facility and it’s made my experience 100,000X better. At the academy I saw a chicken get denied Oakland while it was mandatory on every list except her classes for whatever reason.

I’m at my forever facility and it’s made my experience 100,000X better. At the academy I saw a chicken get denied Oakland while it was mandatory on every list except her classes for whatever reason.
Poor chicken
adorable cat GIF

This is you:
View attachment 5916

I agree with the train analogy, I know allowing AGs to swap will not help or “save” everyone, but why not help some?

It’s the same thing as trainers at low level shit facilities making their trainees wait 2.5 years to check out because “I had to go through it that way”. It’s also kind of the same as the asshole father who abuses and beats his kids then gets caught and tries to justify it by saying “my father beat me so of course I was going to turn out this way”.

Hello, I have a question for you, I graduated the academy back in mid October and am in training at ZLA. Could you see if anyone in your husbands class would like to choose ZOB and swap with me?

Would anyone who is currently in training at ZOB swap with me who is currently an AG at ZLA? I have alot of things happening at home and would like to stay closer to home before I would have to move out west

Well this ruffled some feathers. Happy to chat with him and he can let his class know. Feel free to DM me and I can give you his email to connect as well. It seems like ZOB and ZID are everyone's top choices for this class since they didn't get a great list (theme of 99% of class lists so far). Doesn't hurt to try though. :)

They were supposed to start evals today but they lucked out because of crap ice weather in OKC this week and they've been delayed until Tuesday (or even Wednesday depending on the snow over the weekend and early next week). It's a hot mess per usual but at least now they don't have to wait 3 days in between eval days.

In the grand scheme it wouldn’t matter wouldn’t matter. But IMO you would be screwing over all the previous hires that got sent there without a choice and haven’t had a chance to get out. I’m far more interested in getting them where they want to go than AGs who haven’t done anything yet (I know, not your fault Covid etc etc).
Although I understand your point. As others have said, it is a moot point. Furthermore, just because said AG has not done anything in the FAA, does NOT mean they have not done anything ATC related before. A decent amount of AGs are prior experienced who have served in the military. Some of which have probably done far more than you and I.

The primary goal should be facility manning with the purpose of trying to put people where they want to go. Of course there will be some exceptions here and there, but one should at least try. And if the opportunity arises if a swap can be done then it should be allowed. Yes it is sad the previous person did not get what they want, in the end they can decide to try to ERR. Otherwise having the outlook of fucking people over just because it happened to previous people is a terrible way to look at things in general. I am all for taking care of your CPCs. And I do believe they should get a level of priority here. If CPC ERR requests are being denied for no reason then that is something you need to address. Instead of taking it out on the next guy...

Although I think ZLA would be a great location. I would prefer ZLC if anyone would like to transfer.

Back
Top Bottom