Back to BWS

Morgan_Freeman_But_Not

Staff member
Message sent this morning from NATCA:

Brothers and Sisters,

In consultation with Aerospace Medicine, the parties at the national level have collaboratively determined that all facilities will transition back to their Basic Watch Schedule (BWS) no later than June 6, 2021 if the local parties have not already done so. In the interim, local parties are expected to consider their staffing guidelines and current traffic percentages to ensure appropriate staffing each shift/day. During the transition to BWS the local parties should use targeted recalls if necessary, to ensure the transition schedule meets current traffic demand.

Simultaneous with the return to the BWS, unless required sooner, employees on excused absence related to the COVID-19 health emergency no longer have approved excused absence and are to be recalled to the facility.

Employee requests for leave shall be handled in accordance with the CBA. Approval of COVID-19 related excused absence will be limited to absences from the facility for reasons of COVID testing in accordance with PB120 and associated MOU, obtaining a COVID-19 vaccine and related no-fly period for employees with medical clearances, contact tracing, and/or direction from a public health official/treating physician for an asymptomatic employee to self-isolate/quarantine due to exposure to COVID-19.

Please contact your Regional leadership with questions about this message.”

The way I read it, excused absence ends with your facility's return to bws and not just the mandatory pp13 deadline. Anyone else interpreting it that way?

The way I read it, excused absence ends with your facility's return to bws and not just the mandatory pp13 deadline. Anyone else interpreting it that way?
When they tell you to come back to the facility your EA will be over and you will need to use your own leave at that point if you want to stay home.

I don't think I know how to work anymore. Not just traffic but actual work. My poor couch is going to miss me so much. How many people you think have already moved on and just haven't resigned cause they got that free check every two weeks? Gotta be some.

Back
Top Bottom