Best Line to Dodge Traffic

FightingIrish2012

Legendary Member
We are doing schedule bidding soon and I want to pick the best line to avoid traffic. I’m at a up/down in a actual city, so I’m doing this based on dodging commercial and GA traffic not one of these facilities with pattern traffic only. I’m thinking weekend off plus the mid. That way you only work Monday and Tuesday night which is kind of busy, but Wednesday and Thursday morning before it gets busy plus you avoid GA traffic on the weekends. Does this sound right or do you have any better ideas? Once again I want to work as few planes as possible.

Sounds like a good strategy for the pursuit of happiness + prolonging your life expectancy. I suggest Mon/TUE days off w the mid. That way the only real traffic you work is Wed and Thu night, Fri Sat day shifts are easy (and working them neccessarily means you avoid the miserable old fu*&s on those days off), and the sunday mid is really only 6 hours & depending on facility comes w some free scam OT too. i dig your style, dude.

You could also become facrep and get another free day off a pay period. Do the blood leave scam once every couple weeks also. Bang out 10-12 days a year, fatigue leave on a few, and ofc never work any holidays and use your max PTL.

giphy.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Like I said, I’m far enough in my career that I feel like I shouldn’t have to work that much traffic anymore, I’m more interested in other FAA and NATCA projects anyway. Let the junior people on Tuesday and Wednesday work the airplanes until they “pay their dues”.

You work Sat and Sun which is easier than the “work week”,

Sunday night is def not one of the easier days in ARTCC environment. He is in a up/down tho so thats prob true. I mean, in reality if you really dont wanna work planes just transfer to TMU and get really good at lunch runs. Cant do in up down either tho lol

FRI/SAT. Sunday night is dead and you get Sunday pay that you wouldn't get with SAT/SUN off. Monday night, nothing. Tuesday and Wednesday day shifts are regular traffic, then the mid. At least this is how it was at the up/down I worked at. I was stuck on TUE/WED though and according to our countops those RDOs ensured you worked the most traffic.

If you want to work as few planes as possible, just err to my facility. You'll only be bothered by 2-3 planes an hour during peak times and there's no mids so you can keep a normal sleep schedule. Also we run 4 10s so that's one extra day a week off for you to dodge traffic! Not to mention there's no mandatory OT. This place is pretty much a traffic dodger's dream!

If you want to work as few planes as possible, just err to my facility. You'll only be bothered by 2-3 planes an hour during peak times and there's no mids so you can keep a normal sleep schedule. Also we run 4 10s so that's one extra day a week off for you to dodge traffic! Not to mention there's no mandatory OT. This place is pretty much a traffic dodger's dream!
I hear you man and I respect it but I was at a place like that for years and it drove me nuts lol. I’m finally at a mid level facility trying to find the balance of decent pay and still hardly working lol.

. FightingIrish2012 , can we nickname you Tommy Lasorda? :sneaky:

6117616.jpg
I think if myself more as Rodney Dangerfield, washed up but still want to cash in for a few decades lol.

Attachments

• 5416BC51-34B4-422D-AC54-EF277EF065E4.jpeg
    5416BC51-34B4-422D-AC54-EF277EF065E4.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 0
Haha. This website needs a trash forum that doesn't bump on the main page.

Fair enough, I wasn't sure if that bumped or not. Thanks

One mans trash is anothers treasure. Not everyone in ATC is in the academy or waiting on a TOL. There are only so many thousand ways to discuss NCEPT or Classroom success rates :lol:

You make a good point but not everyone can see the bait and...

ZxV0RRN.png

Back
Top Bottom