C90

Good to see tours up and running again this week. Hopefully some of you that came can share your impressions on how amazing it was...

It’s working!! Ha. So the bad things….

-You won’t get spot leave more than a couple hours here or there.
-you work hard and in the summer most breaks are 30 min(day goes by fast)
-TRACON temperature can be a little warm
-carpet in TRACON is duct taped down
-break room fridge door doesn’t stay closed
-cafeteria tables are dirty and salty
-you’ll just miss making $300k if you work all the OT. ?
-blankets are forbidden
-chairs squeak
-not enough CICs
-you are only allowed one locker now.
-only 3 tvs in break room
-OM consolidates donuts with bare hands
-fire drills are real sometimes
-TRACON bathroom toilet paper is supercooled (can be a plus after Mexican night)
-OT is only called if moon is obscured
-management monitors road conditions very closely during snow events
-mandatory OT
Ok, but why no blankets? Never heard that one before.... I feel like there's a story for this.

I’m sure between the extra 8 CPC’s A80 has over C90, they can manage the extra 16k ops they worked more than A80 to result in 30 minute breaks ?
Your pot has been stirred.... And also C90 was busier than A80 for 9 of the last 10 years. :)
Manchester United Cooking GIF

Last edited:
I was able to get in for a tour last week. It was not hot, but I did not need a blanket. I did not confirm blankets are not allowed. ? The facrep was very accommodating and answered all my questions. I met the ATM in passing… he’s keeping an arm’s distance from applicants to keep the hiring process fair (I assume). Understandable. I wasn’t able to meet any of the younger controller crowd, but was introduced to several of the *clears throat* elders. Everyone was welcoming. It’s sort of like they really want controllers to transfer there. I highly suggest touring the facility if you have the means.

I was able to get in for a tour last week. It was not hot, but I did not need a blanket. I did not confirm blankets are not allowed. ? The facrep was very accommodating and answered all my questions. I met the ATM in passing… he’s keeping an arm’s distance from applicants to keep the hiring process fair (I assume). Understandable. I wasn’t able to meet any of the younger controller crowd, but was introduced to several of the *clears throat* elders. Everyone was welcoming. It’s sort of like they really want controllers to transfer there. I highly suggest touring the facility if you have the means.
Who did you talk to set up the tour? The FacRep? I’ve never been to Chicago and it could be a fun weekend

We call them "seasoned" controllers ?

Who did you talk to set up the tour? The FacRep? I’ve never been to Chicago and it could be a fun weekend
Yes, the facrep. I’d never been except to attend basic training in Great Lakes which doesn’t really count. I was only in town for 24 hours. Just long enough to fly in, stay the night in Elgin, tour, then fly out.

We call them "seasoned" controllers ?
Oh. Oops.

Back
Top Bottom