C90

The two areas are Departure and South Sat. Everyone works the ORD arrival wall. Departure guys work ORD departures and North Sat which is PWK airport mostly. South Sat works MDW departures and arrivals and all of the satellite airports that are south of ORD. Generally South Sat is considered harder but it makes going to learn the ORD arrivals easier and makes you a more well rounded controller IMO. The best controllers are all SSAT hands down…. :) Also I’m on an hour break currently.
Are you all open for tours now that most covid stuff is over? I'd like to come check it out

The two areas are Departure and South Sat. Everyone works the ORD arrival wall. Departure guys work ORD departures and North Sat which is PWK airport mostly. South Sat works MDW departures and arrivals and all of the satellite airports that are south of ORD. Generally South Sat is considered harder but it makes going to learn the ORD arrivals easier and makes you a more well rounded controller IMO. The best controllers are all SSAT hands down…. :) Also I’m on an hour break currently.
I gotta ask. What area at ZAU is the best/easiest to work with and gives you the best arrival stream ?

Are you all open for tours now that most covid stuff is over? I'd like to come check it out
Good question. I’ll send you the contact info for our gracious facrep and he can set it up if it’s possible. Come on a Monday morning for a good time.

I think Bears does the best?‍♂
Probably because those poor people in that area train for 4 years.
On the flip side I like you all too. It’s like opening a
Kinder egg every day though. You click on the line and you just don’t know what kind of surprise you gonna get that day ?

Who ever does the Shane/Watson
Shain and Watson are two different areas.

things like this are what the wiki pages were really made for. You can edit the page yourself, but if you want to do a write up and have us add it you can post it or pm

Probably because those poor people in that area train for 4 years.
On the flip side I like you all too. It’s like opening a
Kinder egg every day though. You click on the line and you just don’t know what kind of surprise you gonna get that day ?

Shain and Watson are two different areas.
I enjoy watch the “power vectors” to get planes in trail for both the Shane and Watson

I enjoy watch the “power vectors” to get planes in trail for both the Shane and Watson
I work the Shain ! With a 130 kt tailwind sometimes really can’t win them all.

Sometimes I’m just thinking “oooo those are a bit tight. It’s ok”

10 mins later….again ? “They’re not gonna like that turn right heading 090 ?”

I work the Shain ! With a 130 kt tailwind sometimes really can’t win them all.

Sometimes I’m just thinking “oooo those are a bit tight. It’s ok”

10 mins later….again ? “They’re not gonna like that turn right heading 090 ?”
Ha. It’s cool. We don’t mind. First one down to 110 if you need a bailout. Plus we just pay it forward and give ‘em to the tower too tight. :)

Last edited:
Ha. It’s cool. We don’t mind. First one down to 110 if you need a bailout. Plus we just pay it forward and give ‘em to the tower too tight. :)
Exactly I pay it forward to you. Then I tell the guy sitting next to me feeding me to untighten up ?

But first one down to 110 isn’t fun though. I don’t even like to offload, I like the challenge ?

Exactly I pay it forward to you. Then I tell the guy sitting next to me feeding me to untighten up ?

But first one down to 110 isn’t fun though. I don’t even like to offload, I like the challenge ?
Understood! Sometimes that is better than the 400 knot daisy chain though.

New update. C90 may be getting a golf simulator bay. Also on a more realistic note, sounds like management is on board with our new training plan to staff up our side walls to get more consistent training during times where final monitors are required.(this was a big hold up in training previously) This will require a lot of people to be picked up on the next couple bids.

New update. C90 may be getting a golf simulator bay. Also on a more realistic note, sounds like management is on board with our new training plan to staff up our side walls to get more consistent training during times where final monitors are required.(this was a big hold up in training previously) This will require a lot of people to be picked up on the next couple bids.
PXG is coming to fit all of us at a discounted rate

Back
Top Bottom