Prior experience Tracons

Jesusmilk

FAA
Facility
ZBW Boston Center
Hey guys looked around but couldn’t find much info, curious if a prior experience with approach could be offered level 10-12 tracons like A90, C90, etc. I know N90 can be offered but can any other high facilities be offered ? Thanks so much !

Can be? Yes. Will they? Depends on your prior approach experience. Several of ny friends from my Tyndall days were offered SCT, PCT, D01, N90 and others when they were hired. I think the FAA qualifies something like 5 af RAPCONs and a couple navy/marine facilities as being busy enough to to qualify for level 10+ FAA facilities as new hires.

Can be? Yes. Will they? Depends on your prior approach experience. Several of ny friends from my Tyndall days were offered SCT, PCT, D01, N90 and others when they were hired. I think the FAA qualifies something like 5 af RAPCONs and a couple navy/marine facilities as being busy enough to to qualify for level 10+ FAA facilities as new hires.
Hey thanks so much for the quick reply and thanks for the info! Do you know if there’s a way to see which facilities are busy enough to qualify for 10+? Specifically navy. And from what I’ve seen each facility is different for transferring and all that ?

Can’t speak from personal experience as I’m still in the process but a friend of mine from NUW with a radar ticket was offered Portland and a few other nice Tracons. Like already stated, I guess it just depends on what you’ve already done/been qualified at. Good luck getting what you want!

Can’t speak from personal experience as I’m still in the process but a friend of mine from NUW with a radar ticket was offered Portland and a few other nice Tracons. Like already stated, I guess it just depends on what you’ve already done/been qualified at. Good luck getting what you want!
Thanks for the info ! work with a guy who came from NUW and thanks good luck to you as well, was debating NUW when I was up for orders but NUC lol

Yes it's possible, I've seen people from Nellis and Eglin go straight to level 10+ tracons in the last couple years.
Thanks so much ! Seems like it’s not too common from what I’ve seen but I could be completely wrong lol

Back
Top Bottom