CPC-IT trying to get out of N90

SCofATC

There may be a different outcome depending on if you initiate an end to your training compared to going through the training process and not making it.

Question for anyone on here that may help. Can a CPC-IT, in general, file an ERR? One opinion was that you cannot while in training. Another said you can as long as you have been certified in a previous Facility. From what I read appears to be the latter but unsure.

Peter Gibbons

Legendary Member
FAA
Facility
OKC Oklahoma City Tower
There may be a different outcome depending on if you initiate an end to your training compared to going through the training process and not making it.

Question for anyone on here that may help. Can a CPC-IT, in general, file an ERR? One opinion was that you cannot while in training. Another said you can as long as you have been certified in a previous Facility. From what I read appears to be the latter but unsure.
I think the deal is they don't look at any in training err requests until the cpcs go thru a few rounds first, which typically is before they run out of spots to move people around in, and honestly makes sense and seems fair. It's somewhere in the MOU I believe.

Mike Kilo

Legendary Member
I think the deal is they don't look at any in training err requests until the cpcs go thru a few rounds first, which typically is before they run out of spots to move people around in, and honestly makes sense and seems fair. It's somewhere in the MOU I believe.
They are looked at on a case by case basis after all other agendas are addressed during the NCEPT panel. Meaning to me, you would have to be leaving a fat staff facility for one in the red where it benefits the NAS.

Peter Gibbons

Legendary Member
FAA
Facility
OKC Oklahoma City Tower
They are looked at on a case by case basis after all other agendas are addressed during the NCEPT panel. Meaning to me, you would have to be leaving a fat staff facility for one in the red where it benefits the NAS.
Ya that sounds right, been a while since I looked at the mou. In any case that seems fair to me.

Top Bottom