FAA CRASHPADS Just 5m from the FAA Academy!

CPC reinstatements

ehhwuit

You mentioned in another post you can from DOD right? How was the transfer process? One pay period you were DOD and the next you were FAA after everything was completed and a start date was agreed upon?
Yes, that is how it works going both ways. One pay period you work for one, the next pay period you work for the other. No break in federal service, your leave transfers over, very smooth.

Guero

I went from a low level up/down to a center, this is definitely untrue. The ATO will deny it if the receiving facility is overstaffed, though.
Like I said I’m assuming that was the reason but not certain. Staffing did not play a part in the decision in this case.

Caerbannog

Yes, that is how it works going both ways. One pay period you work for one, the next pay period you work for the other. No break in federal service, your leave transfers over, very smooth.
So my only worry is to leave the agency for the DoD and take a pay cut while working DoD. If you left an 8 and wanted to apply to a 7 but your DoD base pay was below level 8 would the faa put you back at what ever pay you had at the level 8 or at the bottom of the band of the 7 or save pay within the band whichever of the last two was higher obviously?

Raz

So my only worry is to leave the agency for the DoD and take a pay cut while working DoD. If you left an 8 and wanted to apply to a 7 but your DoD base pay was below level 8 would the faa put you back at what ever pay you had at the level 8 or at the bottom of the band of the 7 or save pay within the band whichever of the last two was higher obviously?
You would retain your current GS base pay or go to the bottom of the new payband if it was higher. Also I left a 9 and received a raise at the DOD facility I went to.

Caerbannog

You would retain your current GS base pay or go to the bottom of the new payband if it was higher. Also I left a 9 and received a raise at the DOD facility I went to.
What's the story on a DoD job with a term limit? Say two or three years. I'm seeing a lot of talk about having to resign from permanent to not permanent on the DoD training thread. You don't lose your leave transferring to a term job right?

Raz

What's the story on a DoD job with a term limit? Say two or three years. I'm seeing a lot of talk about having to resign from permanent to not permanent on the DoD training thread. You don't lose your leave transferring to a term job right?
I took a term job and had to resign. They paid my annual leave, but I retained my sick leave.

likeaBOSS

Regarding retirement, I was hired under the “high 3.” If I quit for over a year, so I get to keep this, or bumped to the “high 5?”

ehhwuit

Question for people who have been hired through reinstatement:

When you start at your new facility, your pay is set to CPC pay. Do you also get 1.6% raises in June while in training, or just the lump sum?

Raz

Question for people who have been hired through reinstatement:

When you start at your new facility, your pay is set to CPC pay. Do you also get 1.6% raises in June while in training, or just the lump sum?
I am waiting on being hired, but I imagine as long as you aren't at the top of the pay band you'll receive the raise. If you are capped out on base pay according to the slate book, then you'll receive a lump sum.

Top Bottom