CPC reinstatements

You mentioned in another post you can from DOD right? How was the transfer process? One pay period you were DOD and the next you were FAA after everything was completed and a start date was agreed upon?
Yes, that is how it works going both ways. One pay period you work for one, the next pay period you work for the other. No break in federal service, your leave transfers over, very smooth.

I went from a low level up/down to a center, this is definitely untrue. The ATO will deny it if the receiving facility is overstaffed, though.
Like I said I’m assuming that was the reason but not certain. Staffing did not play a part in the decision in this case.

Yes, that is how it works going both ways. One pay period you work for one, the next pay period you work for the other. No break in federal service, your leave transfers over, very smooth.
So my only worry is to leave the agency for the DoD and take a pay cut while working DoD. If you left an 8 and wanted to apply to a 7 but your DoD base pay was below level 8 would the faa put you back at what ever pay you had at the level 8 or at the bottom of the band of the 7 or save pay within the band whichever of the last two was higher obviously?

So my only worry is to leave the agency for the DoD and take a pay cut while working DoD. If you left an 8 and wanted to apply to a 7 but your DoD base pay was below level 8 would the faa put you back at what ever pay you had at the level 8 or at the bottom of the band of the 7 or save pay within the band whichever of the last two was higher obviously?
You would retain your current GS base pay or go to the bottom of the new payband if it was higher. Also I left a 9 and received a raise at the DOD facility I went to.

You would retain your current GS base pay or go to the bottom of the new payband if it was higher. Also I left a 9 and received a raise at the DOD facility I went to.
What's the story on a DoD job with a term limit? Say two or three years. I'm seeing a lot of talk about having to resign from permanent to not permanent on the DoD training thread. You don't lose your leave transferring to a term job right?

What's the story on a DoD job with a term limit? Say two or three years. I'm seeing a lot of talk about having to resign from permanent to not permanent on the DoD training thread. You don't lose your leave transferring to a term job right?
I took a term job and had to resign. They paid my annual leave, but I retained my sick leave.

I had to go through entire clearance process again and I was separated for 1 year.
How long did it take from the time you reapplied to the time you were rehired?

Regarding retirement, I was hired under the “high 3.” If I quit for over a year, so I get to keep this, or bumped to the “high 5?”

Question for people who have been hired through reinstatement:

When you start at your new facility, your pay is set to CPC pay. Do you also get 1.6% raises in June while in training, or just the lump sum?

Question for people who have been hired through reinstatement:

When you start at your new facility, your pay is set to CPC pay. Do you also get 1.6% raises in June while in training, or just the lump sum?
I am waiting on being hired, but I imagine as long as you aren't at the top of the pay band you'll receive the raise. If you are capped out on base pay according to the slate book, then you'll receive a lump sum.

Regarding retirement, I was hired under the “high 3.” If I quit for over a year, so I get to keep this, or bumped to the “high 5?”
I think new applicants pay more towards their pension. I pay 1.3 percent. .8 for the pension and .5 for the early retirement. (This accounts for the 1.7% per year for the first 20 years as a controller).

New hires are up to 4.9%. 4.4 percent for the pension and .5 for the early retirement.

Maybe someone on here can say if you get grandfathered in at the lower percent or if you will be stuck at the higher rate. At a level 12 the difference is roughly $5,500 a year. Times twenty five years that’s a big chunk!

I think new applicants pay more towards their pension. I pay 1.3 percent. .8 for the pension and .5 for the early retirement. (This accounts for the 1.7% per year for the first 20 years as a controller).

New hires are up to 4.9%. 4.4 percent for the pension and .5 for the early retirement.

Maybe someone on here can say if you get grandfathered in at the lower percent or if you will be stuck at the higher rate. At a level 12 the difference is roughly $5,500 a year. Times twenty five years that’s a big chunk!
Great info, thank you!

Does anyone have a POC for following up after your ATM sends the package up to district? The person I was directed to does not answer her cell or office phone and does not return voicemails.

Does anyone have a POC for following up after your ATM sends the package up to district? The person I was directed to does not answer her cell or office phone and does not return voicemails.
Guessing this person is different for each district. Could try contacting the HR office for that district and seeing if they can funnel you to the right person?

Guessing this person is different for each district. Could try contacting the HR office for that district and seeing if they can funnel you to the right person?

That's what I did. That person that they funneled me to is unreachable.

Back
Top Bottom