CPC reinstatements

Can you share more about your experience with the process?
Sure. Keep in mind I started looking into the process right before covid hit so it's taken some major delays that might not be the case moving forward. Also should be used as a potential cautionary tale to folks thinking its always a for sure thing.

I resigned about 3 years ago for personal reasons. Didn't intend on going the reinstatement route, but was aware it was an option down the road if needed. Some things changed in life and decided to reach out to a rep from a local facility I worked with on a daily basis. He introduced me to the atm and after a few conversations with him we decided to move forward with the process. About 4-5 months pass and finally get word that my paperwork has been submitted. Get notified a couple months later by someone in the ato that my reinstatement to said facility was denied due to "lack of experience" and they offered my old fac and another local vfr tower (all facilities are tower only). Get in contact with atm and was told he was trying to resolve the matter bc the sop is pretty clear with what is and isn't required. Long story short, someone high up thought I was just trying to circumvent ncept so that was the end of it. Decided to go with one of the other fac's they offered and after a couple months got a TOL and did the whole hiring process again. From TOL to FOL has been about 4 months.

If you leave FAA go DOD and one day come back to FAA do you get your previous seniority or does it disappear?

If the highest level facility I was certified at was level 9 tower can I be offered a level 12? I see MIA tower is pretty high up there on the placement list but it's also an up/down and I have no radar exp. Or since I'm under a year will I only be offered previous facility even though they're "overstaffed"?

Also, if they offer enroute do I have to go to the academy for new enroute training? (only been at the academy for tower)

I went from a 9 to a 12. It just depends on the ATM, District, and ATO saying okay.

Also I didn’t read your full comment. You’ll go back to your previous facility according to the reinstatement SOPs.

If the highest level facility I was certified at was level 9 tower can I be offered a level 12? I see MIA tower is pretty high up there on the placement list but it's also an up/down and I have no radar exp. Or since I'm under a year will I only be offered previous facility even though they're "overstaffed"?

Also, if they offer enroute do I have to go to the academy for new enroute training? (only been at the academy for tower)
It's all between you and the ATM. If they want you they can get you. But they have to want you

Thanks for the replies. I wouldn't mind going back to my last assigned tower but the problem is they are overstaffed so I guess I'll just be denied on this experience bid that just closed and have to apply directly elsewhere after the year is up. Weird thing is it is only overstaffed on paper and everyone is on scheduled 6 day work weeks. Can't win lol.

How does pay work? Are you reinstated with your pay you resigned with, half on the go like an err?
Depends where your old pay falls within the band of the new facility. e.g. Going from a level 5 to a level 10, you start at cpc of the 10. If you reversed that, I'm fairly certain you just go to the top of the 5 band.

Thanks for the replies. I wouldn't mind going back to my last assigned tower but the problem is they are overstaffed so I guess I'll just be denied on this experience bid that just closed and have to apply directly elsewhere after the year is up. Weird thing is it is only overstaffed on paper and everyone is on scheduled 6 day work weeks. Can't win lol.
Were you a CPC at you last fac? I resigned as a cpc, came in over a year later on the exp bid, If you do that you go to the bottom of the cpc band wherever you go, just a heads up.

How does pay work? Are you reinstated with your pay you resigned with, half on the go like an err?
I resigned as a cpc, came in over a year later on the exp bid, If you do that you go to the bottom of the cpc band wherever you go, and if you withdraw or wash, same applies at next fac

If you were already earning 6 hours of annual leave and get hired under a experience bid instead of reinstatement do you also go back to earning 4 hours of annual leave again?

Back
Top Bottom