CPC reinstatements

Do you fellas think that your previous facility will be on the NEST list if you reinstate similar to how it’s done now? From my understanding from people that have reinstated is your previous facility is always an option.

Also, curious to hear peoples thoughts on this. Someone quits from black hole level 5 VFR tower. Reinstates years later, would only level 5 and below VFR towers be available or is it possible 5s up/downs be offered as well?

Do you fellas think that your previous facility will be on the NEST list if you reinstate similar to how it’s done now? From my understanding from people that have reinstated is your previous facility is always an option.

Also, curious to hear peoples thoughts on this. Someone quits from black hole level 5 VFR tower. Reinstates years later, would only level 5 and below VFR towers be available or is it possible 5s up/downs be offered as well?
I think it could depend upon the new restrictions they come up with whenever they decide to release what the new rules will actually be. My best guess is your old facility will still be an option as long as they are not projected above 100%. That is currently the procedure according to the NEST SOP, which apparently will be handling all new CPC reinstatements.

Received this yesterday.

“The Air Traffic Organization has placed a pause on the CPC Reinstatement process. The policy itself has not changed, at this time.
Respectfully,
Aviation Careers”

For anyone that was looking for an update.

Received this yesterday.

“The Air Traffic Organization has placed a pause on the CPC Reinstatement process. The policy itself has not changed, at this time.
Respectfully,
Aviation Careers”

For anyone that was looking for an update.
My peeps say the policy has changed but things are still on pause for some sort of final review. Always a chance I am wrong so take it at face value.

Here is an email chain from a friend of mine who is, or maybe was, considering leaving the FAA. (Start at the bottom for chronological order)
I myself have about 30 days until my 12 months is up so this just hit me like a ton of bricks. I deleted names/contact info for the sake of not bombarding these people as I'm sure they are tired of answering the same questions over and over.

Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2022 7:47:07 AM
To >
Subject: RE: Reinstatement Questions

It’s going to remain 12 months to be eligible for other facilities and will be based on the date of the reinstatement request. Candidates will be allowed to request reinstatement once in a 12 month timeframe, so if a candidate requests reinstatement and declines the facility offered it will be 12 more months before the candidate will be considered again for reinstatement.

XXXXXXXX, Manager, ATO Technical Onboarding Team AJG-P23

Office: #########; Cell: 405-#######

Email: XXXXXXXXX@faa.gov

From >
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2022 2:36 PM
To:
Subject: Re: Reinstatement Questions

Got it. One last question, is the plan to extend the reinstatement time from 12 months to something longer? (If not returning to same facility)

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Get Outlook for Android

Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2022 2:32:48 PM
To:

It’s based on nationwide staffing according to the priority placement tool. Whatever facilities of the same type and level (or lower level) are below 85% staff or the national staffing average will be available for you to rank preference. That could be across the whole country or only one service area. We won’t be able to predict it ahead of time. Facility choices will be determined once the candidate is cleared for employment.

From
Sent:
Wednesday, August 24, 2022 2:21 PM
To:
Subject: Re: Reinstatement Questions

Thank you so much for the clarification! Will there be any ability to choose a service area or region after 12 months, or is based on staffing at every facility across the country? Thank you again for the quick response!

Get Outlook for Android

Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2022 1:26:59 PM
To

Cc:

Good afternoon. You came to the right place. The reinstatement rules are changing as we speak. To be reinstated, you must have achieved CPC and have 52 weeks of certified experience within the last 5 years. You do not have to wait to be reinstated if you leave, however, it remains that if you wish to return within 12 months of leaving you will only be considered for the facility you left from if they have a hiring need. If you return after 12 months you can be considered for other facilities of the same type and level you have been previously certified at within the prior 5 years. You will not get to choose your facility. You will be offered facilities that have a priority need for staffing and you will choose from those.

The updated SOP is making the rounds for approval and should be ready to share in the next month… we hope.

Sent:
Wednesday, August 24, 2022 12:13 PM
To:
Subject: Reinstatement Questions

Hi-

I received your contact information from XXXXXXXXX, she said either of you may be a better source for information. I'm currently a CPC at XXXXX ATCT. I was hoping to get some information and clarification on the reinstatement process/time-line, should I decide to leave the agency for a bit. The last I heard, the reinstatement time was 12 months before I could reapply. However, there has been a lot of chatter and rumors going around that the time has been extended, or that all reinstatement are currently on hold. I was hoping to get facts so any decision I make isn't based off of the rumor mill.

Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Here is an email chain from a friend of mine who is, or maybe was, considering leaving the FAA. (Start at the bottom for chronological order)
I myself have about 30 days until my 12 months is up so this just hit me like a ton of bricks. I deleted names/contact info for the sake of not bombarding these people as I'm sure they are tired of answering the same questions over and over.

Sent:
Thursday, August 25, 2022 7:47:07 AM
To >

It’s going to remain 12 months to be eligible for other facilities and will be based on the date of the reinstatement request. Candidates will be allowed to request reinstatement once in a 12 month timeframe, so if a candidate requests reinstatement and declines the facility offered it will be 12 more months before the candidate will be considered again for reinstatement.

From >
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2022 2:36 PM
To:
Subject:
Re: Reinstatement Questions

Got it. One last question, is the plan to extend the reinstatement time from 12 months to something longer? (If not returning to same facility)

Get Outlook for Android

Sent:
Wednesday, August 24, 2022 2:32:48 PM
To:

It’s based on nationwide staffing according to the priority placement tool. Whatever facilities of the same type and level (or lower level) are below 85% staff or the national staffing average will be available for you to rank preference. That could be across the whole country or only one service area. We won’t be able to predict it ahead of time. Facility choices will be determined once the candidate is cleared for employment.

From
Sent:
Wednesday, August 24, 2022 2:21 PM
To:
Subject:
Re: Reinstatement Questions

Thank you so much for the clarification! Will there be any ability to choose a service area or region after 12 months, or is based on staffing at every facility across the country? Thank you again for the quick response!

Get Outlook for Android

Sent:
Wednesday, August 24, 2022 1:26:59 PM
To

Cc:
Subject:
RE: Reinstatement Questions

Good afternoon. You came to the right place. The reinstatement rules are changing as we speak. To be reinstated, you must have achieved CPC and have 52 weeks of certified experience within the last 5 years. You do not have to wait to be reinstated if you leave, however, it remains that if you wish to return within 12 months of leaving you will only be considered for the facility you left from if they have a hiring need. If you return after 12 months you can be considered for other facilities of the same type and level you have been previously certified at within the prior 5 years. You will not get to choose your facility. You will be offered facilities that have a priority need for staffing and you will choose from those.

The updated SOP is making the rounds for approval and should be ready to share in the next month… we hope.

Sent:
Wednesday, August 24, 2022 12:13 PM
To:
Subject:
Reinstatement Questions

Hi-

I received your contact information from XXXXXXXXX, she said either of you may be a better source for information. I'm currently a CPC at XXXXX ATCT. I was hoping to get some information and clarification on the reinstatement process/time-line, should I decide to leave the agency for a bit. The last I heard, the reinstatement time was 12 months before I could reapply. However, there has been a lot of chatter and rumors going around that the time has been extended, or that all reinstatement are currently on hold. I was hoping to get facts so any decision I make isn't based off of the rumor mill.

Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
thank you for sharing this. Been out 12.5 months. This sucks out loud.

Solid.

So a new hire can be assigned to a level 12, but if you've been working your way up from your start at a 5, then a 7 up down, and a 9 tower only, then you can't get a level 12. Cool cool.

Also, according to these new rules, you no longer have the choice to go back to the previous facility you certified at. Unless they happen to also be projected below 85% or the national average. Fuc*ing Sweet!

This screws a wholeeee lot of people
It definitely sucks that they are changing it, faa seems intent on people just being stuck and miserable and closing any loopholes that allow people to better thier situation.

That said..... anytime you quit a job to leverage your position, expecting to get it back can be an iffy proposition. I'm not a big In ThE pRiVaTe SeCtOr guy but.... let's be real here doing this in any other job you'd be lucky to even get a call back from HR, much less rehired with a promotion and locale change.

It was always a gamble, coming down on the losing side isn't getting screwed.

This is a big old Eff Yew to those people who were unlucky enough to get sent to a level 4/5 black hole out of the academy.

It definitely sucks that they are changing it, faa seems intent on people just being stuck and miserable and closing any loopholes that allow people to better thier situation.

That said..... anytime you quit a job to leverage your position, expecting to get it back can be an iffy proposition. I'm not a big In ThE pRiVaTe SeCtOr guy but.... let's be real here doing this in any other job you'd be lucky to even get a call back from HR, much less rehired with a promotion and locale change.

It was always a gamble, coming down on the losing side isn't getting screwed.
Yeah I guess better wording for it was an unfortunate change.

The people leaving places via resignation from being unhappy or whatever the case. They probably had in the back of their mind that they would give it another shot with reinstatement down the road, but now it isn’t very enticing.

Idk if any of you have access to KSN. I’ll assume you don’t. I pulled PPT that meet these requirements and it’s not good…..First is below 85% current and forecasted. Second is the first with less than 24% trainees… I didn’t do any for the National Average because I’m not that optimistic.image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 105
Idk if any of you have access to KSN. I’ll assume you don’t. I pulled PPT that meet these requirements and it’s not good…..First is below 85% current and forecasted. Second is the first with less than 24% trainees… I didn’t do any for the National Average because I’m not that optimistic.View attachment 7934
I’m sorry the ordered themselves. The shorter one is with less than 24% trainees.

Back
Top Bottom