CPC reinstatements

Just looking at a few of them I noticed your experience has to be within 5yrs and under 35years old, are they all like that?

It seems as if the reinstatement and the previous experience are essentially aligning.
Age is no longer a factor if you’ve been a 2152. You are able to come back at any age and complete your 20 years, even beyond 56 without needing an age waiver. (FERS handbook Part 46B2.1, and Title 5 USC 8425)

Age is no longer a factor if you’ve been a 2152. You are able to come back at any age and complete your 20 years, even beyond 56 without needing an age waiver. (FERS handbook Part 46B2.1, and Title 5 USC 8425)
So is the only restriction that you need active atc experience within the last 5 years? Assuming you were a prior cpc for longer than 52 weeks with FAA?

Y’all think the people that came up with this stupid shit realize they just wrecked a lot of peoples livelihoods on a whim? Must feel nice to be making the big money to make those decisions that impact us peasants and not think anything of it lol

It's almost like the worst case scenario was never thought about or NATCA / FAA thought there was no way it would get so bad. Instead here we are with NCEPT being straight trash and causing hardships to become one of the only ways out or quitting and trying the reinstatement process. The Training Imitative while I initially thought was good on paper has forced more OT because facilities are now refusing to use trainees as staffing until they hit their training hours. None of the "excuses" regardless of how valid matter because management only wants those hours met so they don't get yelled at from the district or whoever.

Y’all think the people that came up with this stupid shit realize they just wrecked a lot of peoples livelihoods on a whim? Must feel nice to be making the big money to make those decisions that impact us peasants and not think anything of it lol
Lmao they don't care. Never have. There's a sucker born every minute, and at least 10 every hour think airplanes are cool, and the rest see 6 digits and good bennies as a win. As long as the workers are okay getting shit on in all the other regards the beatings will continue.

I don't think the FAA had any idea that the reinstatment policy would turn into what it's become as far as people quitting to have a better chance at coming back somewhere more favorable. When it was announced it was like "hey for CPCs who left the job for whatever reason here's an avenue back into the agency that doesn't force you to wait for a bid"
Lmao just like NCEPT and the NTI.

It's almost like the worst case scenario was never thought about or NATCA / FAA thought there was no way it would get so bad. Instead here we are with NCEPT being straight trash and causing hardships to become one of the only ways out or quitting and trying the reinstatement process. The Training Imitative while I initially thought was good on paper has forced more OT because facilities are now refusing to use trainees as staffing until they hit their training hours. None of the "excuses" regardless of how valid matter because management only wants those hours met so they don't get yelled at from the district or whoever.
I personally love struggling to get tower currency at the end of the month because I was downstairs burning up hours on nothing traffic to exceed a made up number so my manager looks good in a conference call. It's great.

My last facility lost 5 people in 5 months, with another resignation yesterday. It had an OT budget north of a 1 million… sometimes things just aren’t worth it.

Some of yall been in way too long to be this naive about the FAA. Retaliations against quitters used to be a thing during white book. To say nothing of post white book hiring freezes, shutdowns, random changes to hiring etc.

Some people played the game and it worked out for them. Some of yall were dirt bags and only N90 would take you on reinstatement. Some of yall never got back in.

If you haven't noticed yet the union doesn't have a say in anything..they do like you to believe they do though.
See I think this whole thing is the union’s fault. They came up with NCEPT. It’s their baby, and it’s not working because of reinstatement “they think” so the tell the Agency stop reinstatements let’s come up with a way that stops people from leaving and coming back better than they left. Boom reinstatement over. The system still won’t work but they will have stopped the rats fleeing sinking ships. Not ment to offend just using an analogy. Union VP created this whole mess they can’t let it fail because then the FAA would take transfers away from their control. Who knows what system we would have then?!

See I think this whole thing is the union’s fault. They came up with NCEPT. It’s their baby, and it’s not working because of reinstatement “they think” so the tell the Agency stop reinstatements let’s come up with a way that stops people from leaving and coming back better than they left. Boom reinstatement over. The system still won’t work but they will have stopped the rats fleeing sinking ships. Not ment to offend just using an analogy. Union VP created this whole mess they can’t let it fail because then the FAA would take transfers away from their control. Who knows what system we would have then?!
Mass exodus and competition for DOD.

Well, I just hit 12 months last week. Been working contract and don't mind it for now. I got in the FAA off a prior bid, my list was dogshit. Anyone have experience or know if my list might look any better after 2 years CPC at a lvl 6 updown?

Might just do the open bid and pray they let me have enroute at the academy. This shit really is a bummer but I knew there was a lot of what ifs when I resigned. Decided to do it young before I turn into one of the 10 year CPCs stuck at that lvl 6.

Mass exodus and competition for DOD.
Well was eventually planning on getting back into the FAA... But now I think I can I can finally lay down my dreams of a level 11 or 12 forever. Theres no way i'd go back to a level 7 and below and rot there for another 5+ years playing the lottery system again. No way. The FAA is over for me. On a positive note the DOD is nothing to complain about. What you leave on the table as far as money is made up of better work/life balance, skate schedules, all holidays off, weekends off, and shoves quite a bit. Well my life direction got a whole lot simpler!

Well was eventually planning on getting back into the FAA... But now I think I can I can finally lay down my dreams of a level 11 or 12 forever. Theres no way i'd go back to a level 7 and below and rot there for another 5+ years playing the lottery system again. No way. The FAA is over for me. On a positive note the DOD is nothing to complain about. What you leave on the table as far as money is made up of better work/life balance, skate schedules, all holidays off, weekends off, and shoves quite a bit. Well my life direction got a whole lot simpler!
Same brother, same.

If a CPC quits and takes a contract job can they apply on a prior experience bid?
Yes, however, you have to still be separated a year otherwise you will not be "selected." You can still be referred and such as I was this past year but they told me due to my 365 days of separation not existing that I would not continue and could reapply after my year.

Would contract work count as “certified experience” under this new reinstatement process? I’m assuming it counts now for previous experience bids?

What do you mean? Contract experience doesn’t count as CPC experience for the CPC reinstatement bid, if that’s what you’re asking. Need to be an FAA CPC to qualify for the FAA CPC Reinstatement option. Hope this helps.

What do you mean? Contract experience doesn’t count as CPC experience for the CPC reinstatement bid, if that’s what you’re asking. Need to be an FAA CPC to qualify for the FAA CPC Reinstatement option. Hope this helps.

That’s exactly what I was asking, thanks for the info ?. I’m helping a friend who is trying to get back in after being gone while she was having her children. She was an FAA CPC for years prior but with this new reinstatement process might not have the required 52 weeks controlling experience in the previous 5 yrs to be considered. I was just curious if she worked contract at a local contract tower for a year if that would count as “certified experience” for the purpose to reinstate her previous FAA CPC certs.

I’m assuming the contract experience would work for a prior experience bid?

That’s exactly what I was asking, thanks for the info ?. I’m helping a friend who is trying to get back in after being gone while she was having her children. She was an FAA CPC for years prior but with this new reinstatement process might not have the required 52 weeks controlling experience in the previous 5 yrs to be considered. I was just curious if she worked contract at a local contract tower for a year if that would count as “certified experience” for the purpose to reinstate her previous FAA CPC certs.

I’m assuming the contract experience would work for a prior experience bid?
She needs to call HR and speak with them, there are some variables here that we can only speculate on. I’ve always been told “once a CPC always a CPC.”

When I quit I had only been CPC for a month. I had been certified in the military for over 12 months prior to my time in the FAA.

Back
Top Bottom