CPC reinstatements

If they “rewarded” quitting they’d see a mass exodus. I guess having huge balls should be the reward on its own.
Regardless I think we can all agree the amount of fellow CPC's that transferred or quit must have been quite astronomical on its own for this to occur.

What do you fellas make of 3.D in the SOP? It references AT-2152, but then goes on to mention or “AT Facility“ within the previous 5yrs. Does this confirm you could use FAA Contract or DOD experience to reinstate a previous held AT-2152 CPC position that was outside of the required 5yrs?

I’m specifically wondering if a prior FAA CPC could have quit and worked at a Contract Tower for 5/6 years could reinstate their previously held FAA CPC using the new SOP.

It doesn’t make sense to deny someone who is applying to a facility they want to be at that isn’t at 100%. Shoot maybe even if they were at 100%.
Not only the one you want to be at but your prior facility as well. Say you leave for 6 to 12 months and decide to come back. Im sure most of us could walk back in the door and be recertd in no time but sorry theyre staffed to 86% now, nevermind the other controllers who have been trying to ERR and cant because the facility can never get above 86%. No, youll have to go back into training somewhere new where theyre at 84%. Current controllers who are happy about this change dont realize that not reinstating controllers is hurting their opportunities to ERR as well. Natca thinks they will force reinstatements where they want them but the reality is they just wont come back. If I am happy with my DOD job but would be willing to accept 1 or 2 facilities if the FAA offered it to me then why cant they put me on a list, behind all current FAA controller ERRs, and when they don't have enough people trying to ERR to the facility I am willing to accept, then they offer it to me. Fine, make it same type and level. Fewer controllers is not good for anyone, period.

What do you fellas make of 3.D in the SOP? It references AT-2152, but then goes on to mention or “AT Facility“ within the previous 5yrs. Does this confirm you could use FAA Contract or DOD experience to reinstate a previous held AT-2152 CPC position that was outside of the required 5yrs?

I’m specifically wondering if a prior FAA CPC could have quit and worked at a Contract Tower for 5/6 years could reinstate their previously held FAA CPC using the new SOP.
That’s how it reads. CPC, punch out, 52 consecutive weeks elsewhere as 2152, still good to reapply. No need to be out 5/6 years. But then again, what’s stopping them from making dynamic decisions or altering your list since you no longer apply directly to a facility?

That’s how it reads. CPC, punch out, 52 consecutive weeks elsewhere as 2152, still good to reapply. No need to be out 5/6 years. But then again, what’s stopping them from making dynamic decisions or altering your list since you no longer apply directly to a facility?
No, this is completely wrong.
Everything in this deals with FAA certifications and facilities only.

Nothing other than FAA fac is relevant for this. I would read it as is; meaning 5 years of reinstatement eligibility from leaving the FAA.

Edit: I have confirmed this, requirement is must be CPC w/in past 5 years

It is actually impressive how bad this is now.
Happy Hour Good Job GIF by Washed Media

Last edited:

Nothing other than FAA fac is relevant for this. I would read it as is; meaning 5 years of reinstatement eligibility from leaving the FAA.

This is all your fault

So apply on a prev experience bid and get offered nicer facilities than the ones you would get in the reinstatement process got it….thanks daddy FAA

Just another thing to blame NATCA for. Won't even allow us to reinstate to the place we wanna go :rolleyes:
Yea NATCA totally is going to be for someone who stops pays dues for a year to get ahead of someone who stayed in paying dues.... lol really?

It really sucks they ruined this, I thought the process would stay the same, it could actually reward people who had the balls to quit, sit out for a year, then try to get back at a better facility. Now that is not even a way out.
So the agency and NATCA should reward people who had "balls" that quit and come back? You do realize the FAA and NATCA both have reasons to see people quitting for a year to try to get to other places as shitty? No business is going to reward someone for leaving lol

No business is going to reward someone for leaving lol
Lol! Ok brother. Because either the FAA or NATCA are bound to operate like a normal “business”. You know, with their basically unlimited budgets, no accountability, and zero competitors.

Ok fine, close the only window many people had to change facilities who were motivated enough to leave for a year and risk never getting back in again. NATCA will continue to set their records year after year for people who leave the union. And the FAA will now only hire OS’s who bid the job only to circumvent NCEPT get to that location and then “quiet quit” for the rest of their careers the day they walk though the door.

Lol! Ok brother. Because either the FAA or NATCA are bound to operate like a normal “business”. You know, with their basically unlimited budgets, no accountability, and zero competitors.

Ok fine, close the only window many people had to change facilities who were motivated enough to leave for a year and risk never getting back in again. NATCA will continue to set their records year after year for people who leave the union. And the FAA will now only hire OS’s who bid the job only to circumvent NCEPT get to that location and then “quiet quit” for the rest of their careers the day they walk though the door.
A simple heads up that this process was coming would’ve been cool too instead of just suspending it entirely before even having a new document to put in place lol

So apply on a prev experience bid and get offered nicer facilities than the ones you would get in the reinstatement process got it….thanks daddy FAA
Is this kind of the case now unless you left from a 12?

It looks like the only advantage is that you might not have to wait for a hiring bid for reinstatement.

Yea NATCA totally is going to be for someone who stops pays dues for a year to get ahead of someone who stayed in paying dues.... lol really?
It's called sarcasm bud. Should learn about it sometime.

Get in line guy. If u quit then u get behind EVERY current controller trying to transfer that’s already in the FAA.
How am I going to get to DEN now?!?

So now if a former CPC left, worked contract for those 5/6 years and was outside more than 5 years, their only pathway back in is a previous experience bid?

Nothing has changed for the previous experience bids correct? Contract FAA experience satisfies that requirement of 52 weeks in the last 5 years and age rules do not apply if a former 2152?

Age is no longer a factor if you’ve been a 2152. You are able to come back at any age and complete your 20 years, even beyond 56 without needing an age waiver. (FERS handbook Part 46B2.1, and Title 5 USC 8425)

This is what I’m referencing above about the age rules. So if I’m understanding this correctly, a former FAA CPC could return at any age on a previous experience bid assuming they have 52 weeks of certified controlling experience (contract or dod) in the previous 5 years?

Just another thing to blame NATCA for. Won't even allow us to reinstate to the place we wanna go :rolleyes:
It’s not an MOU it’s an AJG SOP and the whole list of POCs are FAA.govs.

It really sucks they ruined this, I thought the process would stay the same, it could actually reward people who had the balls to quit, sit out for a year, then try to get back at a better facility. Now that is not even a way out.
If your job is to staff the NAS why would you “reward” quitting?

It’s not an MOU it’s an AJG SOP and the whole list of POCs are FAA.govs.
I was being sarcastic. I know NATCA has no control over reinstatements. And I don't believe they should. This will just be the common argument that people upset with the union already will spew out.

So who is putting in their two week notice ?
And, what will you say your reason for quitting is, so in 52 weeks when they call your prior facility they don’t blacklist you.

Back
Top Bottom