CPC reinstatements

That’s exactly what I was asking, thanks for the info ?. I’m helping a friend who is trying to get back in after being gone while she was having her children. She was an FAA CPC for years prior but with this new reinstatement process might not have the required 52 weeks controlling experience in the previous 5 yrs to be considered. I was just curious if she worked contract at a local contract tower for a year if that would count as “certified experience” for the purpose to reinstate her previous FAA CPC certs.

I’m assuming the contract experience would work for a prior experience bid?
I’m 99% sure they mean actively controlling within the last 5 years. Doesn’t need to be with the FAA. You also didn’t need to be a cpc for any period of time, as long as you acquired cpc status.

Probably have to wait another few months for them to actually come out with a new process….

Agreed. I’m more or less just curious to see how the FAA views controlling experience at their contract towers. Admittedly I know absolutely nothing about this side of things.

At this point in time, for the prior experience bids, does the FAA allow contract certified experience to satisfy the 52 weeks in the prior 5yrs for those bids?

Agreed. I’m more or less just curious to see how the FAA views controlling experience at their contract towers. Admittedly I know absolutely nothing about this side of things.

At this point in time, for the prior experience bids, does the FAA allow contract certified experience to satisfy the 52 weeks in the prior 5yrs for those bids?
Yes. As long as the person has a cto or approach control rating for at least 52 weeks post certification, they qualify. Doesn’t matter what the source is (domestic/international contract, dod, military, faa).

This new policy sucks for everyone including ATMs. Their hiring ability just got revoked by big NATCA. Gotta be in control of everyone’s careers. I guess there’s more of an incentive to apply for management or jump agencies now. Sucks to be a controller in the FAA unless you’re already at your dream facility, were picked up enroute, or the NCEPT dice have rolled in your favor.

1664238122854.gif

So what happens if you apply on the prior experience bid instead?
This doesn't appear to affect that process but you still only get offered facilities based on the needs of the PPT so unless your dream facility is poorly staffed all the time it's still a long shot. But it appears you should still be able to punch up by quitting and living at moms house for a year.

It really sucks they ruined this, I thought the process would stay the same, it could actually reward people who had the balls to quit, sit out for a year, then try to get back at a better facility. Now that is not even a way out.
If they “rewarded” quitting they’d see a mass exodus. I guess having huge balls should be the reward on its own.

Back
Top Bottom