CPC reinstatements

This is the worrisome part for me, not that I plan to use this process:

An AJG-P23 representative will solicit feedback and/or recommendation for rehire from the former facility which the candidate was employed.
1) AJG-P23 will perform Job-related reference checking with Air Traffic Services (ATS) and the National Air Traffic Controllers Association (NATCA) in accordance with HRPM Volume 1: Employment Policy, Chapter Supplement, EMP-1.8a, Reference Checking by providing feedback received. ATS Leadership has final decision in approving or denying the reinstatement request.
2) If not recommended for rehire by ATS, the request for reinstatement will be denied and AJG- P23 will notify the candidate of the denial.

So if your previous facility holds it against you that you quit their bad rec will shut you down.

This is the worrisome part for me, not that I plan to use this process:

An AJG-P23 representative will solicit feedback and/or recommendation for rehire from the former facility which the candidate was employed.
1) AJG-P23 will perform Job-related reference checking with Air Traffic Services (ATS) and the National Air Traffic Controllers Association (NATCA) in accordance with HRPM Volume 1: Employment Policy, Chapter Supplement, EMP-1.8a, Reference Checking by providing feedback received. ATS Leadership has final decision in approving or denying the reinstatement request.
2) If not recommended for rehire by ATS, the request for reinstatement will be denied and AJG- P23 will notify the candidate of the denial.

So if your previous facility holds it against you that you quit their bad rec will shut you down.
Its not just the facility, it's the entire chain, so it doesn't even need to be about you. Some DM or RVP wants to screw with "quitters", recommendation denied.
Not that the very cool leadership would ever do such a thing
This Is Cool GIF by MOODMAN

This new policy sucks for everyone including ATMs. Their hiring ability just got revoked by big NATCA. Gotta be in control of everyone’s careers. I guess there’s more of an incentive to apply for management or jump agencies now. Sucks to be a controller in the FAA unless you’re already at your dream facility, were picked up enroute, or the NCEPT dice have rolled in your favor.

View attachment 8006
Sorry where on this is NATCA's signature? Where can you show me the law that forces the FAA to negotiate terms for hiring employees?

Sorry where on this is NATCA's signature? Where can you show me the law that forces the FAA to negotiate terms for hiring employees?
I see what you are getting at and I am not saying they had any say so but you have to realise how this could be interpreted
"AJG-P23 will perform Job-related reference checking with Air Traffic Services (ATS) and the
National Air Traffic Controllers Association (NATCA) in accordance with HRPM Volume 1:
Employment Policy, Chapter Supplement, EMP-1.8a, Reference Checking by providing feedback
received. ATS Leadership has final decision in approving or denying the reinstatement request."

I have confirmed the requirement is must be CPC w/in past 5 years. Additionally, something that wasn't listed (or at least very ambiguous) is that the highest level facility within the previous 5 years is what you will be placed off of. So 10 years of 12 -> 5 years of 6 -> leave and reinstate = only eligible for 6 and lower

I have confirmed the requirement is must be CPC w/in past 5 years. Additionally, something that wasn't listed (or at least very ambiguous) is that the highest level facility within the previous 5 years is what you will be placed off of. So 10 years of 12 -> 5 years of 6 -> leave and reinstate = only eligible for 6 and lower
That's even more insane than most of us could have imagined. So they're really just doing everything they can to punish people that quit.

That's even more insane than most of us could have imagined. So they're really just doing everything they can to punish people that quit.
I don't think they're trying to punish but more so stop the quitting in the first place. I think it will stop some but most of the people I know quit for legitimate reasons rather than trying to wait a year and go to a 12 near home.

Ultimately I think this hurts more than it helps the manning crisis. All this means is those that quit are less likely to come back and will either change careers or settle for contract/DOD.

I don't think they're trying to punish but more so stop the quitting in the first place. I think it will stop some but most of the people I know quit for legitimate reasons rather than trying to wait a year and go to a 12 near home.

Ultimately I think this hurts more than it helps the manning crisis. All this means is those that quit are less likely to come back and will either change careers or settle for contract/DOD.
I don’t think the faa cares. We are in one of the worst staffing situations in last 20 years and they are making it harder for people with experience to get back in. Then it’s damn near impossible for current controllers with experience to get to understaffed facilities to help. Never let anyone in the union or faa tell you they care about atc safety, they care about your fire extinguisher elms more.

There’s still nothing stopping those people from re-applying to a prior experience bid. This is just for the direct hire reinstatement afaik.

You are welcome, do I get a star now?

The thing I feel like everyone is forgetting is that this system was created to get prior CPC’s back in quickly and without the hoop jumping. The rule was 6 months, and a ton of controllers who were stuck used it so they made it 52 weeks. Then the numbers died off, NCEPT took full effect and people started quitting again. They keep trying to stop people from taking advantage of this “Loophole”, if they spent this much time fixing the way controllers were placed, and subsequent transfers this wouldn’t be an issue. Facilities on recent PEB’s were 12’s on down (local FCT had DFW on the list). Is it really that hard for a hiring process that takes 10 months to send controllers to a facility that is in need in an area they want to live in?

Have you guys tried simply not quitting?
Yes, for six years, I had paperwork into facilities that I actually wanted to be at. But for one reason or another (someone else went to a higher priority facility, we couldn't release anyone, their trainee ratio was too high, we didn't train anyone for 11 months due to COVID, staffing went to hell again). There was no light at the end of the NCEPT tunnel except the the DoD.

Has Anyone that tried applying since June, began the new process yet? If so, what are you hearing? Any timelines in place?

Back
Top Bottom