CPC reinstatements

I can confirm. ATO has a separate SOP that states you must return to your precious facility is separated less than a year. You must wait more than a year to apply to different facilities. I was told this is done to keep controllers from
Circumventing the ERR process. It is a little bs to do this and not put guidance out IMO. People change their lives based on the HROI just to find out it’s not accurate.

I can confirm. ATO has a separate SOP that states you must return to your precious facility is separated less than a year. You must wait more than a year to apply to different facilities. I was told this is done to keep controllers from
Circumventing the ERR process. It is a little bs to do this and not put guidance out IMO. People change their lives based on the HROI just to find out it’s not accurate.

They must be using this one.
I don't understand how they can be using separate requirements...and why they aren't both either one year or six months.

Attachments

• Reinstatement of Certain Former ATCS SOP.pdf
    619.8 KB · Views: 102
So the 6th month thing is correct. That is the HR policy. The ATO said nah fk that we're going to have our own policy, and put out an SOP on top of the HRPM, and they'll go with 1 year. So you know, typical agency operation.

If you're outside the year mandatory separation you just wouldn't apply to N90, theres no chance they'd give it to you

It quite clearly states that you’ll be offered a position based on the needs of the FAA and it’s nkr guaranteed it will be the location applied for

It quite clearly states that you’ll be offered a position based on the needs of the FAA and it’s nkr guaranteed it will be the location applied for
It’s based on the facility you apply to. That facility vets you and says “we want to hire him”. Needs of the FAA refers to staffing #s. If you can’t be hired at the place you apply for, i think you can be given other offers, but I’m not sure on that.

Unrelated note: part of the procedure for getting an offer is “checking with NATCA”...

The ATM I met with in September 2018 submitted my CPC reinstatement package but neither he nor I have heard anything back since then.

I left the agency with "resigned in lieu of termination" on my SF-50. When I met with the ATM, I was 100% upfront about how I had made mistakes by not disclosing all of the medications I had used when I got hired, and put everything on the table for him to decide. He decided that I was still hirable and he said I would be an asset to his facility, and that he would put me in for recommendation to hire/CPC reinstatement to his facility.

I followed up with him a month later, and he said he hadn't heard anything back yet. Followed up two more months later, still no news.

Not sure who I should be contacting at this point and he hasn't been shaking any branches himself. Could be a lost cause but I want to make sure I am 100% not wanted by the agency before giving up all hope.

@DankVectorz I've seen many doors that I decidedly did not walk through, personally I don't think jumping from a low level tower to a high level TRACON is a smart decision, I could be wrong though.

@DankVectorz I've seen many doors that I decidedly did not walk through, personally I don't think jumping from a low level tower to a high level TRACON is a smart decision, I could be wrong though.

Ah my b, thought you were considering quitting for a year to try and re-instate at N90

What area? How is he making N90 cpc money and not cpc-it?

Per the book, as a CPC re-entrant you make your previous pay if it’s within the band. You’ll go to the bottom of the band if new facility is greater or you’ll go to the top of the band if your previous pay is greater than the facility’s max. Since he was previously at a 6, he instantly got bumped up to bottom of the band. Reinstantments skip the half on the go half on checkout thing.

Back
Top Bottom