Enroute testing and holiday question

datdarkness

Hello all. So I had accepted the class date of 07/26 this year. The final class date given was 11/26 with placement on 11/27. Given that the 26th is a Monday, more specifically the Monday after Thanksgiving, how will this effect the final testing schedule??

I believe its 3 days, so Testing would be the Tuesday/Wednesday before thanksgiving and then final testing on Monday?? Will this be a good or bad thing for us?

Last edited:
You are off on federal holidays. If you're assigned to AAC, it's a day off.

You are off on federal holidays. If you're assigned to AAC, it's a day off.
Understood. So that means the final testing schedule would be broken up because of the holiday? Not sure if that is good or bad for the students.

EDIT: I understand now evals are two days... looks like it would be the Wednesday, Thanksgiving, and come back Monday for final eval...... very interesting

Last edited:
Understood. So that means the final testing schedule would be broken up because of the holiday? Not sure if that is good or bad for the students.

EDIT: I understand now evals are two days... looks like it would be the Wednesday, Thanksgiving, and come back Monday for final eval...... very interesting
Enroute evals span two days. Possible to be broken up by holidays and weekends.
Tower evals span three days. Very possible and common to be broken up by holidays and weekends.

More time to be nervous, but also more time think about possibilities and talk about potential "what-if" traffic situations. In the end, it doesn't really matter either way.

Also, only the Thursday of Thanksgiving is given as a holiday. You'll work both Wednesday and Friday.

You're forgetting about Friday.... You will be working on Friday.

Well damn... I guess I have been spoiled enough to not even think about the Friday.. So Off Thurs, Eval Fri, Off weekend, Eval Monday... well then..

Yeah it’s sucks, our instructors tried to get us the day off. We were on night shifts at the time which was actually kinda nice. We got off Wednesday at midnight and went to the bar, enjoyed the whole day off Thursday and didn’t have to be back until Friday at 330pm. But I suppose if you have Evals at that time, you may spend it differently. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom