ERR Experiences

SquawkHijack

Trusted Contributor
Those of you who’ve been lucky enough to win the NCEPT lottery, mind sharing your experience(s) on:

Where you were wanting to go,
Where you’ve gotten &
How long you had to wait to get there?

Feel free to make this an NCEPT bitching thread as well ☕️

Actual attempts to leave: three NCEPTs.
Six years at first facility, got to my most wanted on the last.
Of the three attempts, applied to six total facilities, but different facilities each attempt. One facility the first time, two the second, and three the final try.

Was certfied at my first facilty just after NCEPT came out, got stuck at a lower level hard to staff high COL up-down... 4 years later finally got lucky to be picked up and had a 6 month release, for a mid level tower. Then from the mid level spent just under 3 years there when I got picked up for a "dream" level 12... 3 month release.

2017: first time selected, 1 year release…got moved up to about 7 months. Bid every facility in my home state, just hoping to get back as we were expecting our first child. Ended up at a lower level facility.

2019: selected for one of the 11s at home. 3 month release.

One of the lucky ones. Only applied to 3 panels and got selected on 2. Only bid facilities in my home state.

Joined the FAA prior experience to lvl 4 in July 2022. Checked out put in paperwork got picked up first Ncept to lvl 10. 3 month release.

Joined previous experience to TWF in Feb 2016.

CPC at TWF in Jan 2017.

Put in for ZHU, IAH, ZMP, CLT, ATL, ZTL, ZJX, ZKC, CVG, MEM, SAV, CHS, OKC, MYR on the first NCEPT available which was third quarter 2017 panel. Submission: 5/15; Panel: 6/14-15

TOL received for ZTL in June 2017 via NECEPT. FOL in July 2017. Originally had a cat 2 year release but got it renegotiated after more certifications made us a cat 1 release. My first day at ZTL was December 11, 2017

CPC at ZTL 12/22/21 through multiple training backlogs and spent 8 months at home during the whole COVID situation. Trained about 18 months out of my 4 years as a CPC-IT.

Joined previous experience to TWF in Feb 2016.

CPC at TWF in Jan 2017.

Put in for ZHU, IAH, ZMP, CLT, ATL, ZTL, ZJX, ZKC, CVG, MEM, SAV, CHS, OKC, MYR on the first NCEPT available which was third quarter 2017 panel. Submission: 5/15; Panel: 6/14-15

TOL received for ZTL in June 2017 via NECEPT. FOL in July 2017. Originally had a cat 2 year release but got it renegotiated after more certifications made us a cat 1 release. My first day at ZTL was December 11, 2017

CPC at ZTL 12/22/21 through multiple training backlogs and spent 8 months at home during the whole COVID situation. Trained about 18 months out of my 4 years as a CPC-IT.
How you liking the en route environment and all the data entry? Idk what to think about considering en route. Thanks!

How you liking the en route environment and all the data entry? Idk what to think about considering en route. Thanks!
I really like it! ZTL can be an animal but I enjoy the pace. The centers are built to train from scratch out the academy so I think anyone who applies themselves can make it. The ERAM equipment we have makes entries not so bad. Enough repetition and the typing comes second nature

Back
Top Bottom