ERR Generator

Resource ERR Generator 2023.02.17

No permission to download
This thread is attached to a resource.
southwest416 updated ERR Generator with a new update entry:

Update 03/18/2022

The following changes were added:
  • BUGFIX: Fixed a bug where Excel versions 2013 and older would not recognize some formulas in the 1. Personal Information.xlsx file, causing erratic behavior within the sheet and in generated ERR packages. Excel 2007 and later are now supported and function properly. Excel 97-2003 is NOT supported
  • Removed Rich Text Formatting from some fields in base PDF document to ensure proper formatting.
To download only the BUGFIX, you may...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Just want to make sure that this is the most up to date address info for the Los Angeles/SoCal region to fax our paperwork into?

"Western Pacific Region
Western Pacific Regional Human Resource Services Division, AHF-W300
777 S. Aviation Blvd., Suite #150
El Segundo, CA 90245
424-405-7320"

Got it off of this site: (https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/ahr/contact_us)
Or you can call and get an email and they’ll email you back a receipt. this goes to anyone wanting to go to the western pacific district.

Just used this to generate 16 ERR packages. THANK YOU!! As someone who is not very tech savvy at all, I had no hope of ever creating something like this myself. This was super easy and quick to use. Only one minor error in the autofill....SDF is in the Southern region, not Southwest or whatever was assigned to it. But I just went in and manually fixed each page in the packages to show it. Thanks again!

southwest416 how do we update the pay grades in the forms since some facilities have been upgraded/downgraded since this came out?

edit: disregard. found out how to unlock the fields and take out of read-only mode.

Last edited:

Update 07/02/2022

Added the following changes:
  • Facilities with a published region that conflicts with their district in the NCEPT POCs table will now determine the region by district instead of using the published region. These conflicts are displayed in the FacilitiesPublic sheet in the Personal Information excel document.
  • Added the function to override facilities' level and type in the Work History section of the Personal Information excel document.
  • Corrected the following facilities'...

This whole time I've been checking pointsixtyfive I guess I wasn't following this thread so I never saw these posts!

Just used this to generate 16 ERR packages. THANK YOU!! As someone who is not very tech savvy at all, I had no hope of ever creating something like this myself. This was super easy and quick to use. Only one minor error in the autofill....SDF is in the Southern region, not Southwest or whatever was assigned to it. But I just went in and manually fixed each page in the packages to show it. Thanks again!
I'm glad it worked for you! I tried to make it as user friendly as I could with the little knowledge I have haha. And thank you for pointing out the error, this has been fixed in the most recent update!

southwest416 how do we update the pay grades in the forms since some facilities have been upgraded/downgraded since this came out?

edit: disregard. found out how to unlock the fields and take out of read-only mode.
Thanks for this suggestion! I've added the feature to change facilities' levels & types in the work history for facilities that change levels. Hopefully this will make it easier for others going forward! :)

Update 07/06/2022

Added the following changes:
  • Added the function to insert a signed 3330-43-1 page 2 into the generated package. Scan a signed 3330-43-1 page 2, save as a pdf file, and name it "3330-43-1-signed.pdf", then add to the main directory. All new packages will generate with the signed page in the package. Please note you will be responsible for ensuring this page is filled out completely and correctly, as the generator will not attempt to edit any fields on this page once overwritten...

I love that you made this. Navigating this form is a pain in the butt. If I could make a feature request: Can you add an option to pick the type of position you're trying to ERR to? Some people want to ERR to a TMC position or back to an ATCS position.

I love that you made this. Navigating this form is a pain in the butt. If I could make a feature request: Can you add an option to pick the type of position you're trying to ERR to? Some people want to ERR to a TMC position or back to an ATCS position.
Pretty sure those positions are on USAJobs and require a different 3330-43 form (TMC at least), along with other documents. Otherwise you'd use this same packet for back-to-ATCS positions.

Pretty sure those positions are on USAJobs and require a different 3330-43 form (TMC at least), along with other documents. Otherwise you'd use this same packet for back-to-ATCS positions.
I was also under this impression, that TMC jobs are usajobs bids and require different paperwork, but TMC->CPC would just be the same as a normal ERR? If anyone could confirm what exactly is required for a TMC ERR, I’d be happy to add this feature!

I was also under this impression, that TMC jobs are usajobs bids and require different paperwork, but TMC->CPC would just be the same as a normal ERR? If anyone could confirm what exactly is required for a TMC ERR, I’d be happy to add this feature!
I can’t confirm it but I’m fairly sure that’s the way. The problem is there’s no real understanding of how to go from Support/TMC/whatever else back to ATCS other than perhaps directly through an ATM but I’m not really sure on that.

The only difference between paperwork for the ERR and the bids is your SF50 goes with the USA bids

I'm honestly not sure. TMC and ATCS are both under the slate book so the same process should apply. I'd imagine that you'd just specify that you are seeking reassignment as a TMC vs ATCS at whatever facility. I'll ask around and see if I can get any answers.

A little help, please... I've downloaded the program, filled the Excel form, attached documents per the instructions, and clicked run. After running, the program closes, leaving no trace of a package, and searching file explorer returns no results.

Any tips?

A little help, please... I've downloaded the program, filled the Excel form, attached documents per the instructions, and clicked run. After running, the program closes, leaving no trace of a package, and searching file explorer returns no results.

Any tips?
If you only fill out the excel file, then run the program without attaching any files, does it work properly? Alternatively, if you leave the excel file blank, and attach all the documents you like, does the program otherwise work?

Another thing that would help is running the program from command prompt. If you open the search bar at the bottom, type “cmd” and launch command prompt. If the program is in your downloads folder, cd to the directory. (eg. “cd Downloads\ERR-Generator-v2022.07.13”). Then type “ERRPDFfill.exe” to run the program. Attach the files as you normally would, then click run. The program should still crash but now it’ll print out some sort of error in the command prompt. If you could post that error, it would help me to identify the problem.

If you only fill out the excel file, then run the program without attaching any files, does it work properly? Alternatively, if you leave the excel file blank, and attach all the documents you like, does the program otherwise work?

Another thing that would help is running the program from command prompt. If you open the search bar at the bottom, type “cmd” and launch command prompt. If the program is in your downloads folder, cd to the directory. (eg. “cd Downloads\ERR-Generator-v2022.07.13”). Then type “ERRPDFfill.exe” to run the program. Attach the files as you normally would, then click run. The program should still crash but now it’ll print out some sort of error in the command prompt. If you could post that error, it would help me to identify the problem.
I tried both suggestions with no success.
I managed to copy the printouts just before the program closed completely. Here are the results. I'll try the command prompt method next.
I assume I have to save the Excel file after filling it, but if that's the case, I'm not sure how to change it from read-only to enable editing and save it with a name/directory that will be recognized by the program.

Instance 1: filled Excel file, no files attached

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "ERRPDFfill.py", line 549, in run
File "ERRPDFfill.py", line 473, in generate_err
File "pandas\io\excel\_base.py", line 1419, in __init__
File "pandas\io\excel\_openpyxl.py", line 525, in __init__
File "pandas\io\excel\_base.py", line 508, in __init__
File "pandas\io\common.py", line 795, in get_handle
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '1. Personal Information.xlsx'

Instance 2: blank Excel file, other files attached

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "ERRPDFfill.py", line 549, in run
File "ERRPDFfill.py", line 473, in generate_err
File "pandas\io\excel\_base.py", line 1419, in __init__
File "pandas\io\excel\_openpyxl.py", line 525, in __init__
File "pandas\io\excel\_base.py", line 508, in __init__
File "pandas\io\common.py", line 795, in get_handle
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '1. Personal Information.xlsx'

Back
Top Bottom