ERR MOU Greivance denied

NavyTrev

FAA
Facility
I90 Houston Tracon
Myself and another employee had our release dates violated by someone who’s already started their new position. The grievance deadline came today and the ATM admitted that he violated the release policy but still denied them. He did offer me a 3 month earlier date and the other employee nothing. The ATM stated simple oversight. Both grievances are being elevated to the next level.

I remember coming across a similar issue before on here and the response seemed to be the same, management said sorry it won’t happen again and left their date.
I’m lookin for instances where management has violated the policy, a grievance was filed and either good or bad resolution came out of it.
Feel free to PM me the info if you don’t want specifics on the magical land of the internet.

Last edited:
Just curious with the other person already gone and you wanted to leave months ago, if you are pushing this to the next level what remedy are you seeking?

There are no time machines so how can this be fixed, I’m not saying you aren’t correct just wondering what you can get out of it at this point?

That persons release date was not public knowledge, they just left. 2 days after they left we filed the grievance, myself and the other employee both had requested earlier release dates prior to the other person being selected and released, both were denied. The violating employee signed their TOL/FOL and then had their started date all within a 2.5 week time frame.

The remedy I’m seeking is a release date in June not November. They denied our prior requests due to staffing, yet were able to release someone else without a deviation. The MOU states that it is first come first serve. We both were not afforded that right.

If anyone goes through this problem in the future and is given a hard time here is how it turned out. The 2 grievances for this issue were resolved in the 2nd step at the district level. My date was moved up to late July (had requested June 9). The other employee was given the early July date that he requested. Originally we had Nov 10 release dates.

Back
Top Bottom